4 years ago
Monday, January 23, 2012
Girl Time
When I asked Gabby what she wanted for her birthday, she said "a party!" I asked her if there was anything else, and she said no she just wanted a party. So, with the end of pregnancy drawing nearer, I decided it would be better to celebrate Gabby's birthday earlier rather then risk either being too exhausted or having a baby and not doing anything all together. Just like with Luke's party, I left it to the last minute to decide when and if I was doing it at all. Her actual birthday is Jan. 26th, so we decided on Friday the 20th. It actually turned out pretty good I think. We did a nail painting, cupcake decorating total girl party. Gabby was in heaven. She kept coming up and hugging me and telling me it was the best day ever! (That made it all worth it right there.) So even though I had woken up at 3 am with a terrible case of either the stomach flu or a gallbladder attack and had been sick all day, I still was able to make cupcakes, frosting and decorate the house in time for 8 little girls to join us at our house. Nate of course was working until 3 minutes before the party, but last minute we decided he would just take Luke out for some father/son bonding time. (Which was a very good idea considering the stressful day he'd had, listening to the craziness of all those girls would have put him over the edge!!) Thankfully a few of the other mothers kindly stayed to help me out knowing that I was not feeling very good. We had a Barbie movie going on while we painted nails to occupy those who had to wait. We somehow got all those nails painted, stickers applies and top coats to finish it off. Then we got the cupcakes out! THAT was entertaining!! They were so silly and then some didn't want to eat their creations!! Opening presents was crazy!! They were all huddled around Gabby and no one even had breathing room, but they didn't want it any other way. One mom made the cutest hopscotch board on canvas and the girls played the rest of the party on that! Gabby's face in that one picture says it all. She was happy and that made it all worth it! I don't do big parties very often, but I am glad I could throw this one together for my sweet Gabby girl!! I can't believe she will be 7 in 3 days!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That sounds like you had a fun time. Sorry to hear that you were sick, though.
Happy early birthday Gabby! Sounds like it was a hit, good job momma! Can't wait to see that new little girl soon!
Gabby is such a darling girl...and I have no doubt she LOVED the party! You are the best mom! Good job!
Happy early birthday Gabby! XOXO
Super fun! Glad she had a great time! Hope you are feeling better today! Happy birthday Gabby!!
Post a Comment