Monday, January 16, 2012

Love Bugs


With Valentine's Day coming soon and the baby coming as well I wanted to make sure the kids still felt loved and important to us. I was at the store and saw these cute little mail boxes in red, white and pink. I decided that starting January 14 for a month until V-Day we would have the mail boxes up and the kids would receive something different in it each day. One day may be a note about something I love about them, one day may be candy, one day may be a fun thing we can do together, etc. On Saturday, the first day, they got this little craft to make "Love Bugs". They have asked every second since then when we could make them together. Today being MLK Day they had no school. They were up at 6:45, ate breakfast as soon as they could and were begging to get them out. I had NO idea it was THAT exciting to them! So please forgive the sleepy eyes and the complete bed head, but we made these before the sun was completely up... I do think they are cute and it was fun making them together. Happy Martin Luther King Day!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jo Jo said...

You're such a cute mom, what a great idea! I"ll have to adapt a little but I might borrow your idea!