Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's about time!!

For about a month now Gabby has had a very loose front tooth. She stopped eating some of her favorite things, or had me start cutting them up, because it hurt to eat them. I kept telling her to just wiggle it and pull it out. Yesterday, as we were getting ready for school, she comes to me with it hanging half out of her mouth. However, try as I might, she would NOT let me get it out. So she went to school with half of the root showing. I thought for sure it would be out when I came to get her. Nope. So after homework was done I told her she was pulling it out or I was. After 1 and 1/2 hours, yes HOURS, in the bathroom she finally got it out!! (You would think this was her first, but it is her THIRD tooth to come out!) She was very proud of herself and I was so relieved I didn't have to see that snaggle tooth any more!

 That is a gross tooth. Good thing it didn't stay around for long. Thankfully the tooth fairy has a trusty assistant that gets up super early and happened to see that the tooth was NOT taken care of yet. Thank goodness!
 That is one proud girl, with a big gap in her mouth! She was worried no one at school was going to recognize her. I just hope someone actually notices that it is gone!!
Hooray for Gabby! (And just in time for her to turn 7 next week!! When did my little girl get so big?!)

6 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

Hurray for Gabby's tooth! Also love the Valentine's idea with the mailbox. Sad that Nate couldn't be there for Christmas eve, but that's so great that he made it back for Christmas morning! Getting through the holidays while pregnant is hard work! You seem like your doing great though!

Jana and Mario said...

Gabriella lost her first tooth over Christmas break, it took her a long time and it finally came out while she was eating a cracker, yuck! Anyway, congrats Gaby, you look so cute with your gap!

Jo Jo said...

She is one cute girl!

Wholly Duncan said...

Our tooth fairy was terrible. She forgot ALL the time! She adorable!

mama_pj said...

Congratulations Gabby! You look so cute with your gap! You will have to let me know what the tooth fairy brought! XO

Angela said...

sooo cute... you need a tooth fairy pillow!