Thursday, February 23, 2012

Double Surprise!!!

Last week was a week of surprises for us! First, my sister Oriana and her husband Travis surprised us and flew out on Friday February 17th to see us! It was so exciting and I was so happy to have them! The day started out just like the any other for the past 2 weeks. I was having hard contractions that woke me up and lasted all day. But they were staying about 7-10 minutes apart. As we got into the car to go get Oriana and Trav, I noticed they were getting closer. By the time I got the the airport they were 2-3 minutes apart and I knew I was in labor. I got out of the car gave them each a hug and them said sorry, but I am in labor so I have to drop you and the kids off. Luckily Nate met us at home. He ate a super quick dinner and we were off. We got the the hospital at 8:20pm and Evelyn Rose Tracey was born at 11:50pm. She weighed 8lbs. 2 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long. They said she looked to be at least a week overdue!  I felt super bad that we had just dumped the kids on Oriana and Trav, but I was soooo grateful that they were there and that I knew I didn't have a thing to worry about because of them! They are so awesome!! My mom got here on Saturday and by Sunday morning they let us go home! It was wonderful. I will spare all the detail as really all anyone really wants is to see the pictures of our adorable little Evie!!
(She is only 12 hrs old in this picture :))

 Our little hospital room. You can see Luke and Lily were more interested in the games on Travis and Nate's phones than smiling for the picture.
 My three sweet girls!
Luke adores his little sister! He is such a good brother! I am the luckiest mom in the world to have such good kids!!
 My chubby baby.
 Oriana, Evelyn and mom. Boy do I love these ladies!! I am sooooo grateful to have had them and all their help, they are amazing! (Travis and Nate too ;)!)
 Isn't she lovely?!

This post is not exactly how I wanted it to be. But I couldn't let another day go by without posting about my beautiful baby girl and my awesome family that came to help. I wish that I was good with words and could write a post detailing her birth and all the wonderful experiences we have had these past 6 days, but for now this will have to do. I am so happy to have my baby here and feel so grateful for all the love and support I have received!

7 comments:

Jo Jo said...

....it's a beautiful post, and you're baby is out! Yeah! That is a wonderful thing. Can't get over the dark hair! Families are the best. Heal quickly!

Jensen said...

She is beautiful! You look great for just having a baby. I can't wait to come over and hold her.

jdust said...

Thank you for sharing her story. I love birth stories. Each one is so special. Congrats on your beautiful little girl!

Christy said...

She's gorgeous! Congratulations.

Wholly Duncan said...

First of all, I love the post! Secondly but most importantly she is BEAUTIFUL and has a BEAUTIFUL name!!! Love you guys and can't wait to see more pics and posts in the future!

Malinda said...

Congratulations Andrea. She is gorgeous! Wish we were closer to come and snuggle her! Love ya!

Beard Family said...

Congrats!!! She is adorable and you look so good!!!!