Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ah, the snow in Utah!!


Last year I remember how almost every other day my mom would call me up and say they had received another 4 or five inches of snow. For some people that may be bad news, but for me it was torture!! I love the snow, I always have. I figure if it is going to be winter then there better be several inches of snow to go along with it!! This year was much different then last. We were able to go out to Utah for Christmas and my brothers wedding, and I just prayed that there wouldn't be any snow before we came but then once we were there I wanted it to dump. It was a lot to ask, I know, but it worked!! There was no snow until about 3 days after we got to Utah and then it kept coming and I finally got the white Christmas that I had so desperately longed for over the last few years. After one of the bigger storms my brother Ben and the kids went outside and built this awesome igloo. You could fit about two adults or three little people, it was great!! I miss it already!!Oriana, Gabby and Luke inside the igloo, it really was a lot bigger then these pictures make it look!!

My sister Cassie sliding off the roof of my dad's work shop, ummm I don't know that he knows about that...!!

7 comments:

adrienne said...

I'm glad that you had a white Christmas while you were here, but sad that I didn't get to see you! Next time you come out let me know!

Pamela said...

I agree, the snow is fun. Except I do not like driving it it, even around town. I hope your new semester goes really well. Don't forget to email me the pj pics, thanks.

Mole said...

I have to say this was one of my all time favorite Christmas'. All of the snow just made it seem that much more magical.

HAHA Cassie, you are so busted!!

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

That looks like a ton of fun. We are still getting snow out here--about six inches yesterday, and more tonight. I am so so sad that I didn't get to see you! life is busy around Christmas I guess. Especially if you are here from outof town and you have to fit alot of people in. I saw nate for a little bit, but he is not the same as you! Love ya!

Angela said...

:) Big Cheese... your pictures look awesome! Totally captured it. I'll be feeling withdrawls for a long time.

Kirsten said...

How fun is that?!? I am glad you go to go home for Christmas! How did the wedding go? Awesome job on the igloo too! My kids would have loved to have been there.

Not that this totally on a snow subject and all but we need to plan a camping trip for this summer. What do you think? Erin and I have also been talking about a 10 year reunion with the roommates too! What do you think? Erin said she would be willing to come our way! ;-)

Alicia said...

okay the picture of you in the igloo, my first thought was from a movie (master of disguise) and he says "am I turtley enough from the turtle club.....turtle....turtle" That is what I thought of, you are a cute turtle!! You know how we love Turtles at the Jensen home, I may have to chain you up and let you run around my front yard!! Okay, ramblings, anyway, they are cute!!