Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kids

My kids make me laugh on a daily basis. This is something that really helps me get through my days and I am so glad for these moments. I know that you other moms know what I am talking about. But in case any of you out there don't, let me share a few of mine.
A few days ago Lily, Gabby and Nate were in the kitchen eating a snack. I walked in and Nate grabbed me into a big hug. I was enjoying this brief moment of affection when from behind me in a rather shrill voice I hear, " NO!!!! My daddy!!!!" Lily came running over to push us apart and insist that "her daddy" hug only her!
Then last Friday we were at the lake with DeNae and the kids. We were headed home so I was getting the sand off the kids and changing them back into their clothes. Lily had sand in EVERY part of her body so I took her up to the rinse off showers while DeNae helped Gabby into her clothes. While helping her, DeNae found that Gabby also had some sand that needed to be brushed off. She told Gabby to get it off "down there" and Gabby said "where?" So DeNae says " on your bum." To which Gabby replies, " Oh you don't have to call it that, My brother and I call it a booty." !!!! What a nut!
Man I love being a mom! :)

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I miss crazy tracy kid stories!! I am glad that lily is now in on the action.

Mole said...

LOL a booty!!!! that is the awesomest thing ever!

Christy said...

Gracie does the same to Drew and I except she says "MY MOMMY"