I have to revise my statement made in an earlier post about not having anyone out here; it turns out there are old friends all around, as long as I don't mind driving anywhere from a half an hour to 2 and 1/2 hours! We have some friends that are in Charleston, the Harmans, the Israelsens in Huntington, the Duncans in Lexington, Kentucky and the Rasmussens in Columbus Ohio. I am sooo happy!! I love all these people and have been friends with some of them for many many years!! We have been able to go to Beech Fork lake with the Israelsens a few times and just hang out a few times too. They are so much fun! Then on Saturday we got to reconnect with the Harmans and went to Summersville Lake. We had a great time even though the temp decided to go from 87 to 62 that day and the Harmans got a flat tire!! James and Michelle introduced us to some new friends, Katie and Cordell, and their cute kids. We are feeling so fortunate to have such good people close by. Now we just need to see these other two families!! (hint, hint!!!!!) Here are some pictures from when DeNae and I took the kids to the lake without the husbands last week.


I forgot my camera when we went to Summersville Lake so I stole these pictures from Michelle's blog! Thanks Michelle!!

It was pretty cold but the kids wanted to play in the water anyways, good thing for these girls Michelle thought to bring a blanket :)!

Nice job changing the tire boys!!
So the moral of my story is that there are always friends around if I just look hard enough!! I am really glad to have these great people close by, even the ones we haven't seen yet. I think that I am so quick to get discouraged when things get a little lonely and tough, I am just glad to know the Lord is mindful of me and what I need. Yay for friends!!!
2 comments:
Did look fall in the lake and "almost get washed away?" Remember our blue bend adventure!! Love it!! Looks fun, I wish I was with you guys!! So weird that you are hanging out with my original WV friends. I think I am coming out at the end of Feb to charleston, so we must play then!! Miss you girl!!
So we have been missing you guys and need to see you!! I had Ammon look up his August schedule and found a weekend that would work. I don't know if it would work for you but we need to chat. Can you email me your phone number one more time to make sure I have the right one?
I am glad your move went well and we miss you guys! Ammon says he needs Nate's expertise with some muscle pains he has been having. Dr. Tracey to the rescue!
Post a Comment