Saturday, February 13, 2010

Parkersburg

Last weekend we were able to go up to Parkersburg, WV and see a few of our old friends from Lewisburg. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! We stayed with the Young's and the kids we in heaven!! It had been almost eight months since we had seen them and it was really great to just catch up. Sariah, being the gracious host she is and being 5 weeks from having baby #5 to boot, was kind enough to plan a party with the rest of the Lewisburg group that live up there. We saw Ryan and Marci Spillman, Kim Garrett and kids, and Jacob and Jennifer Harmon. It was fun to meet the new babies that had been born and just visit with each other. As we travelled up on Friday evening it started snowing. It was a good thing we got there when we did because it really started to snow after that! In the morning the kids got up and went outside to play. The only problem was I didn't remember to bring snow stuff, thinking we just needed clothes for church and pj's and such. So Kayla decided she could just loan some clothes to Gabby and this is what the two of them came up with....
Sariah and I had a good laugh at these two!! We had them change and then they went out. Luckily Sariah had stuff to fit the kids well enough that they could enjoy the snow for a little while.
Then they all came in and helped themselves to some Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries!!
We also went to the mall and let the kids play at the indoor play place. Then that evening we had a big get together with everyone. This is Marci holing Kim's baby Max. I fell in LOVE with Marci's little Derek and the other cute little babies too! You can see baby Victoria in the back with her dad, she is a little DOLL!! Cute "little" Max here is such cutie too :). I have to say all these babies just added to my baby hungriness!!!
Here is the group of us, minus Kim's hubby Morgan who was out of town.

We are so glad that we were able to see all these fabulous people and so grateful to the Young's for their kindness and hospitality!! We miss you all already!

7 comments:

Ryan and Marci said...

Thanks for driving up for a fun weekend! We loved seeing your family. :) Now we need to come down to see you guys.

mama_pj said...

It is so great that you have made such close friends in W.Va. so you have more family around you to support you and love you like we do! So glad that you had such a great time!XO

Greta Henricksen said...

It's always nice to visit with old friends, or any friends for that matter! :)

kim and morgan said...

Soooo fun to see you Andrea. I can't get over your cute family. Especially Gabby. She has grown up so much!!! Having you here made me wish you would have ended up here. :) We love you guys and we are thrilled we got to connect up for a fun night. Remember March we are having a shower for Sariah. And we'll think of another excuse to get you back here, or for us to come there! :) You look great!

Alicia said...

I am jealous!!! Looks like a fun trip!! Miss all of you guys!!!

Wendy said...

I am so glad that you guys got there safely and had such a great time. You all look really happy! The kids look great as well and isn't it great to be a mom? I think you are an awesome mom and don't let anyone tell you different. I am your Mom and I have spoken!! =)

Mole said...

I love the girls in their outfits. So CUTE, reminds me of when I was little with my girlfriends. :)