4 years ago
Friday, February 5, 2010
Soccer Mom
It is official, I am a soccer mom. I wondered if and when this day would ever come and now that it has arrived I feel just a little ting of pride. (But not the bad kind ;)!) To look at Luke all dressed up and ready to go to practice I just got so excited! He has been asking for a few years now if he could start soccer and I always said we didn't have enough money. I was talking to a good friend of mine one day about this predicament. She gave me some pretty sound advice. She said, well how much is it for soccer? About $60? Well if you just skip a few times eating out you have it and then Luke has lifetime memories. You know what? She was right. Not that we eat out a lot, or even a little, but the point was you can probably find a way to make it work and in the long run that $60 wont make or break us, but having this opportunity really can have an impact on my sons life. So we signed him up and I am so excited! He was praying every night for 2 weeks that he would have a good practice and that he wouldn't be nervous. I tell you what, my heart just soared when they put him as goalie and he caught half of the balls kicked in! Granted this is a beginners league, but hey a mom can have her pride! He loved every minute of it and I am just so glad that I could give my son this opportunity!
He just made a goal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How exciting! i hope that the season goes well!
Awesome! Go soccer mom! I hear you are coming in town today. I hear I am super excited to see you!!!! :) Can't wait to see ya
Wonderful! Such sweet memories for me to see Luke playing, because Nathan LOVED soccer too! He looks great! Yeah for soccer mom!
How fun for all of you. I am glad you found a way to work it out. Some day I hope we can do the same for our kids.
Luke looks like a pro. Watch out its only the beginning=) Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment