Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gabby's Birthday

I know that I have blogged (complained) about being so far away from family before. It is what it is. But it is a little harder for me on my kids birthdays. I am used to having big family parties on ones birthdays and seeing everyone. It is all about family. But being far away really changes things. And for Gabby I think it is especially hard, her birthday being so close after Christmas, and it tends to get forgotten a little. She is a trouper though and never complains, but I can tell it gets her a little down. However we are fortunate enough to have good friends close by and they really help make up for the lack of family. We were able to have the Israelsens and our neighbors Steve and Angie over for cake and ice cream; it was great! DeNae made Gabby this amazing tutu and Steve and Angie got her a little Polly Pocket speed boat! She got clothes from Mom and Dad because the poor girl had grown out of almost all she had! I know that isn't exciting, but she needed them! Also her Nana sent her a beautiful new dress.
Gabs and I spent the morning making her super special crown cake. She was such a great helper! I think she was almost as proud of the cake as I was! I have to admit I was a little intimidated when she chose this cake, but I am satisfied with the way it came out. Dad got to come home early from work and Nana, Grandpa Allen, Aunt Cassie, Tori and Oriana all called during the day to wish her a happy birthday! I think all in all she had a great day, even if she did wish that she could have had all her family there to celebrate with her.


She was so excited to wear her new tutu to dance class! She looked great and all the other girls loved it too. Thanks again DeNae! And thanks for all who left comments wishing her a happy birthday, she loved hearing what you all had to say!

3 comments:

CC&P said...

Hey Andrea! I didn't know that you all have a blog! That will be a good way to keep up with you all. Hope that you are doing well.

I still need to email those pictures to you - only thing is, I need your email address again.

I'm pathetic, I know.
Celeste

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, "Gavy"! We miss you! Love, Sofi

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

Celeste, You are not pathetic at all! No worries, I hope things are good for you guys! My email is andie_bug@rocketmail.com.
Sheila, Gabby was so excited to see a message from Sofi! The other day Luke was writing valentines to kids in his class and he has a friend named Sean. Gabby says, "Oh! Is that the Sean that has a sister Sofi that is my friend?! I miss her!" Then they talked about you guys for a few minutes. We miss you guys too!