Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Need more steam...

It is 5:53 p.m. and I haven't heard from Nate, I have no idea when he is coming home and I have no idea what I am going to fix for dinner. Yes I know, I get the mom of the year award because here I sit at the computer instead of trying to find something to make, but regardless that is where I am and that is what I am doing. I am out of ideas. I am tired of the same old things I make. I don't have time to prepare like I used to and by the time I think about it there are only a few options, none of which I am excited about. I am tired of making nice dinners that the kids don't like and that Nate doesn't even eat because he hasn't been getting home until I am in bed, but then I don't hear from him so I never know if he will or won't be home. Then if I just assume he won't be home and I don't make something, he walks in the door hungry. So here I sit, tired. I am running out of steam and out of ideas. It's been a rough week, and it's only Wednesday. I better get some steam quick because I am about to be a single mom for a month while Nate is in Philadelphia. I have given up on potty training, that is just more then I can handle right now. But I am at least getting my lessons for seminary prepared and I feel like it is going well every morning, at least most of them stay awake!! (I'm kidding, no one has fallen asleep...yet) I am loving the opportunity I have to teach early morning seminary, it is great for me. I just wish it wasn't so EARLY!! I am in desperate need of some steam, so if you have some would you send it my way?! Oh and any ideas for dinner too!!! :)

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Oh Andrea I feel your pain!!! You are doing so well though...teaching seminary as a med. student's wife and a mom is a HUGE responsibility. I am so proud of you!!

Dinner is the hardest. When Ammon isn't home there isn't the same motivation there to cook anything. What kind of recipes do you want? Crock pot? Frozen? Fast? I'll send you some...it's so hard when it hits 6pm and they are still not home, there is homework to do, the kids are starving and the energy is gone. I seriously feel that everyday. Having a couple meals like pancake mix (they even have whole wheat now!), a frozen lasagna, frozen cooked ground beef with Prego spaghetti sauce and noodles, plus stuff for grilled cheese sandwiches and canned chn. soup has lately been my life saver. And don't forget...Wendy's always has the 99 cent chicken nuggets!! I turn to those options on the nights I'm not feeling so peppy!

Anyway, I miss you a ton and good luck as the Philadelphia month comes along. When is that? We need to get together some time before Christmas!! ;-D

jdust said...

Wow. Good luck. I hope you figured out some thing for dinner. That is gerat that you get to teach seminary. I bet you are doing a great job. What a neat experience