Nate has been in Philadelphia now for four days; I know that's not really that long when you consider that he will be gone for 4 weeks, but still I consider it an accomplishment that we've made it this far. Things have been going pretty well and Luke has been a terrific help while Dad is gone, however I DO NOT want to get used to this!! Things definitely work better when Nate is around, even if he's only here a little bit. After we got home from church on Sunday the kids and I sat down and made a menu, because lets face it with dad gone it was going to just be cereal and mac and cheese if I didn't!! So we made a great menu for the week that everyone was pretty happy about. Luke wanted to help so he said he would make dinner a few of the nights. One of those nights was tonight and we were going to have sandwiches. However I was SOOOO tired when we got home from school today that he watched the kids while I took a HOUR AND A HALF long nap!! I NEVER do that!! So to thank him I decided we would go get subway instead. (My kids LOVE subway)
4 years ago
5 comments:
Andrea! You're so brave to be by yourself with your kids for a whole month--let me know if you need anything. I've been buried with work, but after next week, I'll have more time. Call if you need anything!
I wish I lived closer so I could help. Jeff was gone for three weeks about a month ago and it was hard and LONG. Hopefully you have lots of wonderful neighbors and friends to help out and look out for you guys.
Good for you for staying positive!!! It's hard when your husband isn't home but I think it's great that you've managed to keep structures and routine while he's gone.
You sure have been a busy lady. You have so many new posts that I haven't seen I had to take a while to catch up. You have always been good at doing what you gotta do and this will be another of those times where you show off how amazing you are in difficult times.
You are amazing Andrea! It is hard to dad gone... keep your chin up. If you ever need an ear (if you have time (: ) I am here for ya. Love you guys!!
Post a Comment