As I may have mentioned last year, out here if Halloween falls on a weekend (including Friday)they celebrate on the Thursday before. (So as to avoid all the crazy drunk partiers that threaten the lives of our young trick or treaters.) You are also only allowed to trick or treat from 6-8. So we got the kids all ready after dinner and got ready to head out. The only problem was that Gabby wasn't feeling well. She'd had a fever since Monday and had a croupy cough, but she was determined to go out. Luke was "super" excited and was sure to tell me that it was 6:07 when we got out the door and that was LATE! But at least we made it out!!

Gabby was trying to be enthusiastic about it, even though I told her we could just stay home.

It was really cold outside so we decided Lily would go as a warm frog rather then Super Lily. (Gabby was able to wear clothes under and had a jacket, but Lily would have none of that.)

I think Luke looks a little like his bucket, don't you?!

At first Lily was scared and wanted either Nate or me to stand at the door with her, but she got over that quickly... just as soon as she figured out she was getting candy for free!!!


Gabby got really sick after about 20 minutes so we cut it short and headed home.
The next day was the class celebrations at the kids school. I got to help in Gabby's class, although I should have just taken her home, she was in bad shape!

The kids had a costume parade and then met in the gym to sing some songs they had prepared for us. It was so cute!


After the parade and songs we went back to class to do a little craft. Gabby was really not feeling well at this point so we left. We headed to Luke's class, picked him up and headed home. Poor Gabby ended up at the urgent care to get a breathing treatment, antibiotics for an ear infection and some meds to help her stop coughing so much. It remains to be seen whether or not her asthma is here to stay, but I think we got the croup and ear infection under control now! Poor girl!!

It was a great Halloween, even though we had some sick ones!!
3 comments:
You have the cutest kids!! I can't believe how big they're getting!! Love the costumes!
Sorry Gabby wasn't feeling well but the kids look adorable for Halloween! I love their costumes!
Lily's party looked so fun too and I love her fish cake! Nice job!! She's getting so big!
We still need to find a time to get together...how are interviews going? Did you guys apply to Ohio State!? I am glad you have Nate back with you and good job for surviving his month away! You are awesome!!! Luv ya!
P.S. I think we need to plan a trip to St. Louis to see Kristin!
Ohhh i remember trick or treating with you guys last year, remember when James was gone for like 4 months!
Residency is LAME James has been gone for like 3 days now and I'm sure we've watched way too much TV to keep the kids chill! Keep me posted with interviews and such. Good luck, we miss you guys!
Post a Comment