Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Simple Joys

Sometimes I have the opportunity to step back and look at what I have and just be so thankful. I should do that all the time, but there are times when it is just so obvious and overwhelming that it demands my attention. Today was one of those days. It started at 3 am. Now one might not think that being woken at this time in the morning would invoke pleasant thoughts, but for some reason this morning it did. Lily woke up because she needed to go potty and didn't want to have an accident. Then she just wanted to snuggle with me. I may have been annoyed most days, but I really wasn't. I was so glad to have her there snuggling up to me and loving me. And being a big girl and not peeing in her pants. It was great. Then I had a great seminary lesson, I don't know if the kids got anything out of it, but I really loved preparing this lesson. (And no one tried to fall asleep, which is ALWAYS a plus!!) Then Lily and I took the kids to school and went to get some milk and eggs. She was great while we shopped, which again is rare! We got home and she wanted a snack. I got her one and when I came back to check on her she had put her spoon in the sink and the wrapper in the trash!!! What a good girl!! Then she actually took a nap without complaining, really this DOES NOT usually happen!! Then my husband surprises me by walking in the door at 1:22 in the afternoon!!! It was an especially wonderful surprise because he just left for an interview in Michigan and won't be home until Friday. It isn't a big deal, but it was still nice to see him for a while before his trip. We picked up the kids from school took them for ice cream and to play at the park! It was so fun and so nice just to be together as a family playing together!! These kids just make me so happy! They are such joys in my life and mean the world to me!! They love each other and try so hard to be good kids!
These boys in my life are amazing! I just can't imagine my life without any of them. I am just so glad for these simple joys that make me pause in my busy everyday life to think about the really important things and be happy for what I have.

3 comments:

jdust said...

Such a cute family. Aren't the little moments the greatest? What is the interview for? Residency? Is it already that time? We sure do miss you guys. I think of you often and miss our game nights. You definately are one of the most special friends I have had. Thank you!

Greta Henricksen said...

That was a really nice day. Thank you for sharing. It is always to report on the bad days. So it is refreshing when we remember the good ones! :)

Jana and Mario said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Glad you took the time to remind me to slow down and be grateful instead of just rush rush rush through and not notice the good things. Love you family picture on Facebook!!!