It comes around every year and every year we go through the same things, but I love it every time! Thanksgiving!! I love the food, I love the family, the friends, the time off, the smells, and the way it makes you reflect even more then usual. I love everything about the holidays and this year was no different in that respect. I still miss family, and sure wish we could have spent time with them, but we make due out here with good friends and each other. Our family is getting older and we are able to form more of our own traditions and it is really fun! As most of you, I really wanted to take the time to remember the things I am thankful for, even when things are tough or not how we think they would be. I am thankful for this:
A family who knows how to have fun and be silly even when things seem a little tense.

I am so Thankful that I am a mother and a mother to this very special little boy. He keeps me grounded, laughs at me when I try to get mad at him, comforts me when I am sad, can perceive when I am having a bad day and tries to cheer me up. He loves everyone and tries so hard to do what is right. He has such passion and has an incredible intellect. He could do anything he puts his mind to and is such a great help to me. I can't imagine a better first child or a better boy. I am so thankful for all the things that make up Luke.

I am thankful for this little princess. She is the embodiment of love. There is not one mean or malicious or uncaring bone in this child's body. She is and always has been super concerned with everyone around her. If they aren't happy or aren't feeling included, she is there to figure out how to fix the problem. She is always giving hugs, and has to make sure we know that she loves us all the same. If I ever say anything negative about myself she is there to tell me I am wrong and gets upset if I don't believe her. She is so kind and so caring and I just can't imagine my life without this little ray of sunshine in my life!

I am thankful for this little spitfire. She is the life of the house. She has to be the center of attention, loves to be included and loves to be as big as everyone else. She makes me laugh all the time, loves to give hugs, and can brighten any mood. She has been a challenge to me, but I am so thankful for all the things she has taught me about life and myself. She is a joy and is adored by everyone in this family. I am thankful that she is so determined and full of life. I wouldn't be who I am today without this little sugar booger, and that is a good thing!

I am so thankful for these healthy, strong, loving, obedient, wonderful children. My life has been so blessed because of these three little gems!

And I wouldn't have any of them with out the love of my life! He is by far my most cherished blessing. Almost everything good in my life can be traced back to him. I am so thankful that I have a husband who loves and cares about me, one who is a fantastic father, who helps around the house when he can, who is dedicated to his studies and chosen career path, who supports me in everything I do, who makes me smile even when I really don't feel like it, who forgives me when I am ornery, who is humble and patient and many other things. I am thankful that he didn't give up on me when I got scared all those years ago. I am thankful he chose me to be his wife. I am thankful to have him as my partner forever.

I am thankful for my religion. I am so thankful for my testimony of Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. I am thankful for the Holy Ghost, for my calling as an early morning seminary teacher, for the kids I teach. I am thankful for my extended family and my in laws. I am thankful for good friends all over, but especially here. I am thankful for my trials and experiences. I am thankful that I was at least able to have three children. I am thankful for the journey we have been on while Nate has been in med school and all the wonderful people we have met because of that. I am thankful that he will graduate in May!!! And thankful for so much more! It is nice to remember how blessed I am and say it out loud at least once a year! I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!!
3 comments:
You have a beautiful family. Happy Thanksgiving!
Aww I love thankful posts!! Your family is so beautiful and you truly are blessed.
You have a talent of expressing yourself. It was wonderful to read that and see the love you have for each of your family members.
Post a Comment