Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Having a moment....

Ok let me start off by saying I don't often pour my frustrations out onto my blog. It just isn't me. But I am at the point that I am either going to start crying and never stop or start yelling and throwing things and I need an outlet. So be forewarned, if you don't want to hear a rant, just pass this one by. Secondly I want to say that I in no way think my problems are worse, bigger or more frustrating than anyone else's. I don't compare and I am not trying to. Just understand that I am super frustrated and I need to let off some steam. With that out of the way, let me begin. I am so excited that Nate got accepted into the program in Cleveland, I really am. I am not, however, looking forward to moving. I looked at housing up there, rent for a place the size we are in now is between 1200 to 1800. Well there is NO WAY I can afford that, or even close to that. So I look at buying. So many people have suggested buying, seeing as we will be there for at least 5 years. It sounded like a great idea. I got online and started looking at house prices, and lo and behold it's WAY more affordable than renting!! Yipee!!!! Now I have never bought a house, had no idea what the process was like or what went into it. I start calling around. Let's get pre- approved, fantastic. I make some calls, give info and wait to hear back. I realize that we have NO MONEY for a down payment and we are going to be so tight (seeing as now we have to pay for health insurance, all our food-don't judge me-, and a bunch of other things we hadn't been paying) that we can't afford a super high mortgage payment. I hear that it's no problem for a first time home buyer, and then I hear about this awesome Physicians Loan specifically for people in our situation who have no money. It says 100% financing and NO mortgage insurance!! Wahoo!! All seems to be going well until today. I get the call. "Ms. Tracey, your husbands credit score isn't high enough to qualify for the 100% financing, you need at least 5% down" Wait, why? Why is his credit score bad. Well it isn't bad, it is just 5 points lower than what is has to be at to qualify. WHY???? Because of all his student loans. Ummm, I thought that was why we went this route. Well all the loans have to be in deferment. Aren't they? Well some aren't. SO I call the student loan people and ask why they are reporting some of the loans as NOT in deferment? They say because they are "in school" status which is basically the same. Although the credit people don't see it that way. I keep getting the run around NO ONE WILL help me and I can't figure out what to do. We have NO late payments, our credit is STELLAR except that we have these student loans and Nate just opened a stupid Macy's department store card to get me a Valentine's present and the fact that we have had "too many inquiries" after our credit. Well I thought YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO SHOP AROUND FOR THE BEST RATES WHEN BUYING A HOME???!!!!??? I am so frustrated!! It looks like we can't get a loan unless we have a down payment and we have no money. So it looks like all 5 of us will be living in a two bedroom apt, that is if we lie and tell them it is just us and one kid. Because honestly, NO ONE WILL RENT A 2 BEDROOM APT TO A FAMILY OF 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO???? Sorry, I am so upset and I have no idea what to do. I have called all the people I can, talked to everyone the mortgage guy said to, and I am not any where closer to figuring out how to fix this. SO I guess I better start digging for buried treasure because let's face it, that seems more likely to yield results then what I am doing now.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Andrea, how frustrating! I know it's overwhelming, but everything will work out. We will keep you guys in our prayers. Love ya!

Lisa/Scott said...

*Hug*

It will all be a memory soon. Keep your head up. I have angry/frustrated/throwing things days too, you're just the brave one who posted your problems, and I admire you for that.
I'll add you guys to my daily people I pray for. :)

Oliphaunt said...

Oh big hugs! I'll be praying for your family! You have been though so much and I know the Lord will provide for your because you have been so faithful to him. Let us know if we can help at all!!

PS I'm glad you found your treasure and a peaceful afternoon after all this. ;)

Greta Henricksen said...

I am sorry.

kim and morgan said...

Oh no! To be honest, renting might not be a bad option... Then you can get to know the culture of your town after living there for a bit to learn the ropes and good areas ??? It sounds super frustrating. I hate it when things are out of my control. Grrr!

Holly said...

I agree with Kim, it may be good to rent first and learn which areas/wards are the best. Try to get somewhere close to the hospital is my advice and you know why ;)...I'm sorry things seem grim right now, but things WILL work out, if there wasnt a way the Lord wouldnt have placed you there. if it makes you feel any better, we were able to swing 1275 for rent for a few months and we have a lot more in car payments than you do, so maybe you'll find something to rent in the 1100 range, sit down and really see where every dollar is going to go the best you can, fast, pay your fast offerings, and pray, you'll find a way, I promise.

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

I really wish we could afford to rent. But I can't find anything that will actually rent to us for less than 1500 and we can't afford that. I have looked at where every penny goes, that is how I can afford to live now without me working. I also have to consider the fact that I have a soon to be
3rd grader and a 1st grader that I don't want to start in a school where we are renting and then up and move them when we find a house. We will find one and it will work out. I just needed to let some stress out. Thanks so much for all the support and advice though!!