Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Soccer, Dentist and life

It is that time again. Time for indoor soccer. Luke had so much fun last year doing it and BEGGED to be able to do it again this year. We weren't going to let him, simply because of finances, but I decided I'd just make it work some how. And of course it wasn't fair to just let Luke do something, so we asked Gabby if she wanted to take a class at the YMCA too. They offered dance, cheer and a bunch of other things I thought she'd want to do, but she wanted to do soccer. So we signed them both up, and they ended up on the same team. I'm not sure how, but they did. Most of the other kids on the team at 8, Gabby is the smallest on the team by far, but she holds her own pretty well. They had their first game on Saturday that they won! Luke scored two goals and Gabby almost made one, but took an elbow to the side of her head and missed. I'll have to post video of the game later, but here is some pictures of practice.Here is Gabby in here pink shin guards, I can always find her that way. Luke is really good at getting in there and kicking the ball. He isn't so good at the rules yet, the coach was trying to get them to stay in their area, but Luke just follows the ball. But they have so much fun!


Lily feels super left out and wants to get out there with the kids, so I try to make it up to her by taking her to the park when the kids are at school. She is so cute!
I took all the kids to the dentist....for the first time. I know, I know, but I HATE the dentist so I just never took them. (That and we've never had dental insurance...) But I decided after both Luke and Gabby told me their teachers at school say they should go twice a year that I ought to at least take them once. I was nervous about their condition, but I am happy to report not a one of them has anything wrong with any of their teeth!! YAY!!! The best part of the whole experience is that our good friend Elizabeth got to be the one who cleaned their teeth!! She is great! In fact she is the one who final got me to take them all in... What are friends for!
I just wanted to say thanks to those who offered words of encouragement to me when I had my little public meltdown. I had no idea this whole process could be so frustrating and hard. We still haven't figured it out yet, but I am at least calmed down. I think my emotions just got a little out of whack. They still are, but we're working on that. I had my hysterosalpingogram done and now I guess we'll see what they want to do next. I can't be going through menopause already so lets hope they find out soon what is up with my stupid body, because I want one less thing to stress about as I try to find somewhere for us to live!! :)


1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Your kids are sooo cute! I miss them already! Of course we are going to visit you in Cleveland!!!! I keep forgetting you guys are going to be closer! That made my day again and lets plan a time when you feel more settled, etc. Do you need help moving? Do you need me to keep the kids for a couple of days while you move up there and get moved in? When's your moving day? We just need to chat...when's a good time for me to call you...I want to hear all about what's going on. Luv ya so much!