Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cookies?! Yes, please!!

I love the fall season! I love the smells, the crisp air, the food, the traditions, all of it! One thing that we have made a tradition in our family is to make sugar cookies and decorate them for Halloween and Christmas. It is something the kids love and look forward to. I had been meaning to do it for a while, but Nate has been working a lot. He hasn't been home when the kids are awake much this whole month, so the other night when I knew he would be home around 7, I decided it was one of those times that they could go to bed late. We had everything ready so that when he walked in the door at almost 8 we could get started. Lily didn't like the mess and anytime frosting got on her she would have to go wash her hands. (Or lick them and then go wash them)
 Luke was very serious about his decorating, he wanted them to look perfect.
 My surgeon hard at work.
 Lily eventually had some help then took a bite out of each cookie and said she was done. She is such a funny kid! (She isn't really a cookie, cake, brownie, etc kind of kid. But give her candy and she is happy as can be.)
 Gabby was very proud of her cookies and didn't want to eat them because that would mess them up.
 Luke would have eaten all his cookies in one night if I would have let him. Good thing he has a mom!
 That's my love! (He is just a big kid still :).)
 And here are my cookies so that I am represented on here too.
I have to say it was one of the best nights we've had as a family in a while! I guess I should learn to ease up on my schedules a little more often!

5 comments:

Angela said...

looks wonderful! Can't wait until we're put together enough to do some of the fun things again :) Miss you guys!

Wholly Duncan said...

Each little one has their own personality, they are so cute and funny!

Jo Jo said...

Fun! Nothing can go wrong when you're decorating cookies!

Wendy said...

its times like this that they will remember forever! I think they all looked very good! Yay for family traditions! Wish we had had more of them. I like that you do lots!

jdust said...

That is so fun. I always want to make sugar cookies at this time of year too. I just can't ever justify it because I eat them all. I need a mom to tell me how many I can have. I am glad you guys had a fun night together! They are so memorable.