Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trunk-or-Treat

I love how excited my kids get about Halloween. I know what you're thinking, ya most kids love to get a lot of candy. But that is NOT why my kids get excited about Halloween. Really. They love to get dressed up. Sure they like candy too, but I am one of those really nice mom's that only gives them 10 pieces of their favorite and then we get rid of the rest. (That means Nate eats the rest.) And they really are ok with that. So, I really enjoy the added activities that allow my children the opportunity to dress up that many more times. One such occasion is the ward trunk or treat! And luckily Gabby's costume was the most involved so getting the rest ready was a breeze. Don't they look adorable? I thought so!
 It was unfortunately about 43 degrees outside so they are a tad cold in these pictures :).  Luke was seriously into character here! I love it!
 She makes a cute little witch, even if she isn't green.
 I think Lily was the most excited about her costume. She told me EXACTLY how she wanted it. A black cat with a pink skirt. And that is what she got, she was soooo happy. She was wagging that tail for everyone, even those who weren't paying attention.
 Nate had to work so I took the kids alone, but they are old enough they could walk the parking lot together while I sat in the trunk to give out our candy. Did I mention it was a little cold? It was.
 Luke high tailed it out of sight the minute we got there and this was as close to seeing him as I got until all his buddies were headed home.
 Lily pooped out pretty quick and spent the night with me in the car. She really doesn't love treats so she was happy with the 5 or 6 pieces she got. It was nice to have the company :).
Despite the cold we really had a good time and were glad to get out on one of the many nights that Nate has had to work this month. Here is hoping to less nights away next month!!

3 comments:

Jana and Mario said...

Love the cute costumes, excellent job mom! Mario has had to work Halloween night every year for the last three years during residency... not sure why that is. Last year he had a mass casualty from a party that a gang crashed and stabbed a bunch of people. This year he had a bus full of people who were hit by a truck full of drunk soldiers. Anyway, hope Nate gets to participate next year. Love ya!

Stephanie said...

I hear you on the nights. Nate just did two straight weeks of nights, with one day off in the middle. It was horrible. He has a few more random nights this rotation, but at least they won't be all in a row like that.

Your kids are adorable--I can't believe how much they've changed since we saw you last. Hope you're feeling good!

Jo Jo said...

That witch costume is adorable! Love it. I get ride of the candy eventually. We use to use it in a pinata for November birthdays but the birthday boy got too old. Now I squeeze extra chores, or vegetable servings out of those who want a treat.