I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but we LOVE visitors!! We were lucky enough to have Julie come and stay with us for five whole days!! It was soooo much fun and so nice to have a friend here! She got in on Thursday and Nate was on call. We just chilled and of course she spoiled the kids with some neat Owls paraphernalia, she works for them after all! The next day Nate was post call, running on a few hours of sleep, but we managed to convince him to come with us to the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame. It was fun, but we were all a little disappointed. I think I expected more, but it was neat to do once. Surprise, it was raining. (For those of you who don't know much about Cleveland, it rains a lot here. I mean a lot.)
Of course Nate had to work Saturday and Sunday, but we still went out without him. Saturday we ran over to Kirtland. Since it was conference weekend we didn't get to do the whole tour, they needed to watch conference after all, so we did what we could then headed over to the temple. It was of course raining again, but we still had a great time. It is so beautiful there! (We did watch conference too, just delayed on the computer once we got home.)
The kids had so much fun with her, Lily discovered her I-Pad and now thinks that Angry Birds is the coolest thing ever. (And then we heard that talk about wasting time "shooting birds at cement walls" in conference and I had to laugh...)
We had so much fun and were able to do a lot, thank you soooo much for coming Julie! I don't think the kids will forget all the fun we had for a long time! (Nor will I, it's been a long time since we played games late into the night and laughed as hard as we did!! )
2 comments:
Dear, FUN friends are the best! More rain than here? Funny!
I totally agree with you on the assessment of the Rock Hall. It's underwhelming, yet overwhelming. There's so much there, but it seems so chaotic that you almost can't wait to get out. It's definitely a one-time-only thing.
Post a Comment