4 years ago
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Gabby's Dance Party
Apparently in the state of West Virginia, or at least in most of the counties (so I am told by the lady at the library), whenever Halloween falls on the weekend it is celebrated on Thursday. What?! Yes, we all go trick or treating on Thursday, never mind that the school parties are on Friday or that the church ones are on the actual day. I was informed that this is because there are a lot of "wild" and crazy people in this state that get drunk and have wild parties on Halloween. So as to protect the young ones from getting run over or harassed by these ruffians, trick or treating is scheduled. Thursday from 6-8pm. Anyone found out and about at anytime other then that will be ticketed. Sorry little girl in the pink tutu who is only 4 and her parents didn't know, you get fined, no candy for you!! I don't remember this being the case in Lewisburg, but perhaps I was just uninformed and Luke's ear infection took us in before "curfew". Whatever the case may be I was WELL informed of the rules this year. SO as a result of this rather interesting circumstance Gabby's dance class is canceled, it being on Thursday, not Halloween, but Halloween as observed in Hurricane/Teays Valley, West Virginia, so the party was last week. (Sorry for the long explanation but does ANYONE else find that a little strange?!) It was a good thing I came early to dance the week before to get the memo otherwise I might not have had the push I needed to get Gabby's costume finished in time for her to wear it! She wanted to be Cinderella this year and I had a cute idea for a costume in mind. But as is the case with her, she saw something else and I had to recreate that for her. I think it turned out pretty cute even though it isn't the "traditional" Cinderella costume. (And I know Cinderella has a headband NOT a crown, but try convincing my daughter of that!!) Since we got her all dolled up we had to take pictures, what I didn't realize was how well she knew how to pose!!(She is only 4, but she thinks she is soooo much bigger then that!!)
Seriously, look at that girl!!! WHO does she get that from?! (I am guessing my sisters...) 
Her little party consisted of "free dance" for 15 minutes and then parents and siblings come in and pass out the food and goodies we brought to share. We brought cupcakes and Gabby kept trying to pass them out herself. The teacher had to tell her more then once to leave them alone until it was time. Silly girl!
One of the parents brought pizza for everyone! Bonus for me, I didn't have to make dinner!! (Sorry Nate, but leftovers are a perfectly acceptable dinner!!) It was a fun evening for Gabby and even the other two had a good time. I sure am glad she was able to have a party of her own since Luke will get his own in school!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Okay yes that is definitely weird! I can't believe you are actually ticketed for being out on Halloween. Crazy! OMG Gabby is sooooo cute!!!!! And the posing lol, way too funny ;). Man I miss you guys!!!
Gabby's costume is gorgeous!
Yeah, West Virginia has some strange rules about Halloween. Although it was held on the correct day here in Parkersburg, it was strictly confined to 6-7:30pm--a rather short time to gather treats if you ask me.
But later on in the night, Jennifer reported hearing the real ghouls come out. A number of drunk ruffians staggered down the street yelling and howling at the top of their lungs around midnight. Kind of freaky.
Well, hopefully you didn't get a ticket! I hope you had fun anyway and were able to get lots of treats. Gabby looks adorable, you did a great job on her costume.
We have the Beggar's thing here too...by the actual Halloween, I was sooo done!! ;-)
Holy cow!??! You made Gabby's costume? Your talents never cease to amaze me!! She looks darling!!! Beautiful job!
Post a Comment