Saturday, October 10, 2009

I love friends!!

If you are my friend, I love you! (Even if you aren't sure, you are!) I have been so blessed in my life to have friends that are there for me throughout my life. I may move away and not talk to them for years, but then there comes a time when we are reacquainted and it just like we never left off from the friendship! I love that! And I love that these wonderful friends deal with my insanity and stick around even when it gets tough!! One such occasion was this last few days. My good friend, Kristen Steele Duncan, who lives in Kentucky (just 2 hours away) was able to come stay with me for a few days and it was great! I wish that I had gotten some pictures, but we were so busy I never got around to it. (Actually I am just a slacker.) Kristen is the person who is largely responsible for me meeting and dating my WONDERFUL husband Nate. He was her home teacher and one day she told me she had found the "perfect" guy for me. Wow, she is good isn't she?! Anyways I am so grateful for her friendship and for her taking the time to drive all the way out here to see me! (Even though I kept her up until 2 am talking!!!) We had fun just hanging out and talking and eating ice cream and shopping, you get the idea. I really do love her and her cute kids. Paul's a good guy too :). I know I say this every time I see an old friend, but we really should get together more often! So I just want to say thanks to all my friends. You all mean something special to me and someday I will blog about each and every one of you... I hope :). Thanks again Kristen for a fun couple of days! (And thanks Paul for going on a business trip so she would have a reason to come!!!)

No comments: