Monday, October 19, 2009

I TWO!!!

My baby is 2!! It is hard to believe that this little firecracker has only been with our family for two years and at the same time it seems like only yesterday that we found out she would be joining our family! Lily is such an amazing little girl, she is so full of life and love and spirit!! I can't imagine a single day without my little Lilybug!! I am so fortunate to be the one who was able to be this sweet little girls mother, she has blessed my life in so many ways. Just look at that angelic face, I just want to hug her and squeeze her to pieces!!!
Poor little girl, her rotten mother scheduled her two year old check up for the same day as her actual birthday so we had to go get shots today!! She was a trooper about it, well until they stuck her with the needle that is!! Luckily our pediatrician is in the same office as the internal medicine doc that Nate is rotating with, so he was able to come in for the appointment and help me out. Luckily the shots didn't dampen her day at all, after crying about her "owie!!!" and having me kiss it a few times she was fine. We had the Israelsens over for FHE and then for Lily's party (Tia, you ducked out of EVERY picture!! I am going to get you next time!!!). We also had our neighbors over for part of it. Lily was THRILLED to have her BFF Leah there for her special day. They love each other so much. Really they do. As soon as either one wakes up from naps or in the morning they ask for each other. Lily calls Leah, E-ah! and Leah calls Lily, iyi! It is really cute :)! So the two of them got into Gabby's dress ups, got some "ditty" shoes on and came down stair to "dance, dance" while we digested dinner and got ready for FHE. How cute are they?!


I love this picture of Leah!! She is singing and dancing and just loving having girlie fun!!

Then we all sat down to have a family home evening lesson given by Nate. It was a great lesson as usual and the kids were eager to participate, even if they have trouble sitting still sometimes ;)!


And of course there was a fight for Doda's lap!! (That's what the kids call DeNae)
Lily was a little confused about opening her presents. She just sat there so the other kids decided to help her out a little. She got some fun things; books, shoes, a doll stroller (She LOVES IT!!), toys, and a Dora doll. She didn't know what to do with it all!!
This is a picture of our neighbors, Steve and Angie and their granddaughter Sophie, and Stan and DeNae and Leah.
Poor Lils was sick last year so she had no idea what was going on when we put her in front of the cake, sang to her, and then wanted her to blow out the candles! (With daddy's help it got done though)
She was so cute eating her cake; she picked it up, dropped it and said "Mommy, wash hands!!" And wouldn't touch her cake! I had to convince her that it was ok to get messy and we would wash her hands after she was ALL done! (I have NO idea where she gets her obsessive need to be clean... be quiet DeNae, I don't care what your theories are!! ;))


What a cute cake face! She did eventually decide to dig in to her cake and I think she rather enjoyed it! I love this little girl, my life would NOT be the same with out her!!

Happy Birthday my little bugs!!! I hope you know how much you are loved!!

9 comments:

mama_pj said...

Happy Birthday Lily! She is totally adorable!
I hope she got the gift that we sent and that she likes it. Love to all!

Jana and Mario said...

Happy Birthday cutie! I can't believe she is 2 already. I sent some stuff for Luke and Lily (a little late, sorry) and I hope you get it soon.

adrienne said...

I can't believe Lily's two! I can understand your wanting to hug and kiss her all the time, she's so adorable, I would be the exact same way. (That's how I feel about Emily.) What a cutie!!

Ryan and Marci said...

Lily has the most beautiful hair ever!! She is such a doll & I can't believe she is 2 already. Wow! Miss you guys!

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday!

Beard Family said...

Happy Birthday!!!! It looks like you had a great day.

Mole said...

Awww she is so freaking cute!!! I can't believe she is already 2. I wish you guys could come out for Christmas :( but I understand. We miss you!

Oliphaunt said...

Too cute! I'm sure that her mother didn't contribute AT ALL to her clean tendencies. We love you all and are glad you are having such a fun time!

DeNae I said...

You know my theories of our future little plate organizer. I love the pictures, I should have taken Tia's lead and ducked out a few times. That, or I should shower more...
Love Ya!