Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Surgeon Vs. Med Student

I love small towns! This past Saturday we had a Harvest Festival in our little town of Hurricane West Virginia. I had no idea there was such a thing, but on Friday Luke brought home a flier from school all about it. I will post all about the fun event later but I had to post this now because of how funny it was! We invited our friends, the Israelsen's from Huntington, to come up and enjoy the festivities. While walking around we spotted the gladiator ring and Nate and Stan decided they needed to go a round in there. So we waited for the kids to finish and then watched as the men suited up. (Stan is an Orthopedic surgeon resident at Cabell-Huntington Hospital, hence the title) I think the guy running the "ride" was thoroughly entertained because he let them go for a long time and they attracted quite a little crowd! It was soooo funny to watch! Then when they were done DeNae asks Luke, "Did daddy or uncle Stan win?" Luke says emphatically, "Uncle Stan." There you have it folks. (It was already dark outside so the pictures aren't the greatest, but you get the idea)




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mole said...

Wow that looks like a good fight. LOL And I love little fairs like that. :)

mama_pj said...

Looks like Nate is missing his brothers. :)
Every day was championship wrestling at our house while they were growing up.

Malinda said...

How fun! We have crazy events like that here in our small town, but not nearly as entertaining I am sure! Hey I have been meaning to tell you I think Steven Kuhni is moving to your neck of the woods...if it is close enough, there is another built in friend :)

Oliphaunt said...

Soo fun! Thanks for sharing! We miss you guys and hope to get together again sometime. I'm so glad you have lots of friends nearby.