Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Privacy


So I wanted to share a few cute stories before I forgot all about them.
The other day we were at the mall playing at the play place, because it was raining for the 7th straight day in a row, and Matty and Gabby needed to go potty. I stayed with the little kids while DeNae took the potty trained ones to the bathroom. She was laughing when she came back. Apparently while they were in there Gabby wanted to go in her own stall but wanted DeNae to keep her hand on the door so she could see her. Matty finished first, being a boy and all, so he was pretending that he didn't know where Gabby was. She says, " I am right here, open the door you can all come in with me." DeNae tells her, "No Gabs, you need your privacy." To which she replies, "No, Matthew can't see my privacy, my legs are in the way!"


Then the other night I put Lily to bed and she was just up in her room talking and playing. In nights past when this has happened I will open the door, after it goes on for a while, and tell her to be quiet and go to sleep. So I waited but she just kept banging on the wall and singing to herself. So I opened the door to tell her and before I could even take a breath she says, "Shhhhhh!! I sleeping!!" Oh how I love that baby!!!

8 comments:

Mole said...

Haha how cute is that!

Julie said...

HAHA that's my Gabs! Totally made me remember when we were driving from West Virginia to Utah and I took Gabs to the bathroom. She was insisting on taking her jacket off - I was tired and cranky and told her to just go! She sat on the toilet and we stared each other down . . she reached out and slowly closed the stall door. Cracked me up!!! I love and miss my Gabby!!!!

Beard Family said...

That is two of the most adorable stories. Kid are amazing and it is things like this that make you appreciate what you have.

Pamela said...

I am glad she is not showing off her privacy, you should be proud!

Meghan said...

I love it! Kids are so funny!

GreenPhoenix said...

That is hilarious! How funny! Thanks for sharing.

Kirsten said...

Your kids crack me up!! They are darling and Gabby reminds me so much of you! Every time I see her picture, its like seeing you again! We need to meet up again and hang out. It's our turn to host you guys now! We'll have to think of something fun!

Snarr Family said...

I love reading about your family. I can't believe Lilly is two! She seems like she is talking great. Brayden still just grunts and moans. Sounds like you are doing good. If you ever make it out to Utah this year let me know. Love ya, Chaney