Monday, November 9, 2009

Trick or Treating

As I mentioned before, here in WV Halloween is not celebrated on the actual day. As a result we get almost a full week of festivities! So after pumpkin carving and a library party on Thursday night we were able to go trick or treating with our good friends the Harmans. Michelle made some delicious chili and then we got the kids ready and headed out. We started at our neighbors, Steve and Angie's, who gave the kids almost their whole bowl of candy!! They are so nice! Then we went to the neighborhood the street over from where we live. Wow, I CAN NOT believe the amount of candy that we came home with! It was insane how much everyone was giving out. It had been so cold the week before so we were thrilled that it was in the 60's for the night! Everyone was out on their porch with their bowl of candy just waiting for the kids to come. It was the one of the most fun Halloweens I can ever remember! Gabby was so happy that she didn't have to wear a coat or a shirt under her dress, (it was my fault for not putting long sleeves on it in the first place when I was making it, but it turned out just fine.)

Lily LOVED being a cow. When I showed her the costume she got so excited and from then on walked around mooing and asking for her cow! She was a little shy at first, but as soon as she saw she was getting candy, she warmed right up!

I looked everywhere for a tie to go with Luke's costume because I didn't want to have to make that too, but I couldn't ever find one. So I made him a very lame tie, but it worked for the night. I also couldn't find a Griffindor patch so I had to make up a lame one as well. But he was happy and that is all that matters. (He didn't want a hood on his cloak which I was SOOOO happy about seeing as I had run out of fabric!!)

Luke, Henrick, Helena and Gabby


The whole gang, minus Nate who is taking the picture. It was such a fun night and we didn't ever get cold! I loved it!!



2 comments:

Mole said...

The kids look sooooo good. Great job on the costumes! Lily is killing me, she is so adorable.

theharmans said...

Good I'm trading my picture of Nate for your picture of us, mine turned out totally blurry.