4 years ago
Saturday, October 23, 2010
"I'm so glad when Daddy comes home...."
"...glad as I can be!!"
These kids were in HEAVEN when Nate got home today!!! He actually got in at 3:45 A.M. after driving all night to get home. He surprised and scared me to death when he walked into the house in the dead of night after he told me he had to work late and would be home closer to dinner the next day!! I must say it was an AMAZING surprise!! Of course he was tired, so I didn't tell the kids he was home when they woke up, but told them if they cleaned their room he may just come early. (I know that was a little mean, but it worked!!) By the time they were done it was about 9:30 and Lily starts to come down the stairs and sees the truck outside. She yells, "MY DAD IS HOME, MY DAD IS HOME, I SEE HIS TRUCK!!!!" Then she sat on the stairs and said she was waiting for him to come in. Then he surprised her by jumping around the corner and coming up the stairs. I think the WHOLE neighborhood heard the kids squealing with delight as they realized he was home!! I think Lily's first words to him were, "Daddy I really missed you, you left me!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am glad he is home, there is nothing like having Daddy home! Enjoy it! Super cute post!
Tyler has been gone on so many business trips, that I know that feeling when they come home! Your kids are so cute!
Hooray!! Welcome home! I'm so glad you got these great pictures of his welcoming wagon! He'll cherish these I'm sure! Enjoy your time with your family this weekend!
I'm so so happy that he is finally home!!
Yay!! That is so exciting for you guys! Jeff was gone for three weeks and it was so hard, and I was practically dancing all day long the day before he came home I was so excited to see him again. On a completely different note, I cannot believe how much hair Lily has! Emily is only a few months younger than her and is still sporting the boy look because it just isn't growing!
This is a really cute post! I'm so glad you have your husband back!
Post a Comment