Friday, October 15, 2010

My Baby Turned 8!!

Last week my sweet baby Luke, who is NOT a baby, turned eight years old!! First of all I can not believe I have had this wonderful boy for 8 years already and secondly I can not believe I am old enough to have an 8 year old!! It was hard because Nate is still in Philadelphia and missed the birthday, but since he was getting baptised on the weekend we had grandma there to celebrate with us! It was great, the kids were super happy to have her. (Later we were joined by Nana and then by daddy for only one day) Luke was so excited for his birthday this year, and really excited for his baptism (more on that later...). He told us all night before, "It's 7 more hours til my birthday mom." "Hey mom, tomorrow it's my birthday!!" Just in case I wasn't already aware of that fact ;)!! When he got home from school he could not wait to open all his awesome gifts from those who love him. We got him a Star Wars lego ship, the kids is obsessed with Star Wars and Legos (and I totally approve!!)


Aunt Pamela, Uncle Keith and fam sent this baptism towel, he was very excited about it!


And as per tradition, Nana and Pa sent the special wooden box and pocket knife that all eight year old males in my family receive. (The girls get the box but not the knife.)

He got a transformer from grandma, a CTR ring and tie tack from Allen, dino excavating eggs from Aunt Jana and more things that I am sure I am forgetting. Thanks everyone!! He had a great day and requested Subway for dinner. He ate a whole foot long all by himself! I can't tell you how much I love this kid. He has saved my sanity while Nate has been gone, he has been such a great helper! He is so tender hearted and concerned for those around him. He is a great student, no surprise there ;), he wants to do the right thing and he is a joy to be around! I am the luckiest mom alive to have him as my son, and as my first born. Luke I love you to pieces and I am so glad you are in my family!!

2 comments:

jdust said...

So cute! I can't believe he is 8! How neat. congrats!

Malinda said...

Happy Birthday!!! and you really have an 8 year old? Are you sure?