On Saturday October 9th Luke Daniel Tracey was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints by his dad!! I can hardly believe that this day came so soon! I still feel like a newly wed but when I consider we are on our tenth year of marriage and my son just turned 8 I realize I am no longer in that phase of life. It was such a special day for us all. Luke had been looking forward to this day for a long time now and he was so ready to be baptized! Nate was able to fly in for the day, of course we wouldn't have been having a baptism if he hadn't.. but anyways. The kids were so excited to see him after so long, and were not ready for him to go back to Philly when he left. Luke was grinning all day and even though things didn't work out exactly the way we had planned it was a fabulous day and one we will remember always!

After the meeting was over we met together for treats and to sing happy birthday to Luke. (He wanted to wait until his Dad and Nana and friends could be there to have his cake.) I wasn't feeling too well so Nana was kind enough to fill in and make Luke's pirate cake. I did feel a little weird having a pirate cake in the church, but oh well. Our good friends the Brannams came as well as the Israelsen's and McLemore's. It was great to be surrounded by loved ones to celebrate this terrific young boy!! Luke I am so proud of you and am constantly amazed and impressed by you and your choices. You are one special little guy!!

That's one perfect little boy right there. I thought it would be fun to include a picture of Nate when he turned eighth, just as a comparison. What do you think?? (Personally I think they look A LOT alike, but that is just me ;)!)

4 comments:
Congratulations Luke! Yes, they look just alike!!!!
What a truly fabulous occassion. Tell him I miss his cute smile and congratulations.
They do look a lot a like. What a special day. I am so glad it all went well!
Too great! I wish I had known about the date, we would have driven down. Congratulations, Luke! Love you guys and miss you! We need to get together sometime!
Post a Comment