Tuesday, November 22, 2011

AGAIN...??!!!!??....

At the beginning of the year, Luke needed a new pair of tennis shoes. He had out grown the last pair, which had lasted all last year. He found a pair he liked at WalMart. I know not to buy shoes from there, but he convinced me anyways. With in a few short weeks the soul had completely torn off. So I went to Target thinking I should have better luck there. And this is the result a mere 5 weeks later.


What am I going to do?! I can't afford good shoes for him, that is why we got the ones we did, but I can't afford to get him a new pair every month because they fall apart either!!! Any suggestions on brands to get that will withstand a rather tough 9 year old?? I am so frustrated!

7 comments:

thecollettes said...

I'm sorry Andrea (and luke:)). That is a bummer. Have you ever tried the outlet mall in Aurora? They have a few shoe stores and have great sales when you can catch them! I've never had that happen to a shoe before...although I did buy Trevor a pair of jeans at Target last year that got holes in both knees by the next month. Not cool.

adventure knitter said...

It's hard to spend a lot of money on shoes when their feet are growing so quickly! I bought some shoes locally here and Mia got a hole in the toe 3 DAYS later! (granted, I live in Kenya...) But still! And so I've made her just deal with it for a couple of months. I'm going to get her new ones here this weekend. Good luck! How about super gluing the sole back on?!

Shawny said...

I have awesome success finding really nice/brand name/gently used stuff at the thrift store. What size does he wear? I'd be happy to look when I go which I do a lot!

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

Shawny, I would LOVE that! I forget that I live in a place that has thrift stores again! He wears a size 5. I'll have to ask you where these places are so I can start going!

Malinda said...

We get converse for Oliver (at target). On sale they are about $12- but that is for the kids, not youth, so I am not sure what they would be for Luke. They seem to last and are made a little better then the cheapo brands.

Oliphaunt said...

Jacob says you could try using contact cement or JB weld to glue the soles back on the shoes. He also is wondering if Luke has been jumping in a lot of puddles.

Angela said...

It's all about the "shoe goo"! We fixed Alaura's cowboy boots with them and it worked great!