Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Tree Time

One of my favorite traditions growing up was to go the day after Thanksgiving and cut down our Christmas tree in the mountains. I have so many fond memories of trudging through the snow to find the perfect tree and then drinking hot chocolate and listening to Christmas music. Unfortunately it has been a few years since we have been able to participate in that tradition. A few years ago we got a fake tree because our landlord wouldn't allow a real tree. I was hoping this year, since we now own our house, that we could get a real one again, but Nate said not this year. We have, however, kept up the tradition of decorating the tree the day after. (This year it was on the Monday after for FHE since we were gone over the Thanksgiving weekend.) The kids were SOOO excited and couldn't stop talking about it! As soon as dinner was over we started. Luke gave us a wonderful lesson on the True meaning of Christmas and reminded us all that it is really about Jesus. (How did I get such good kids?!) We turned on our Christmas music, thanks again Dad for the CD!!, and began to decorate!


 I handed out the ornaments and Nate took some pictures so we could document the fun. Our tree is getting too small for all the ornaments we have acquired!
 This year it was Luke's turn to put the star up!
 My happy helpers!
 One with me just so you can all gawk at my huge belly. ( I have been getting the "Oh my, when are you due?! comments already. It is going to be a long 11 more weeks!!)
Hurray for Christmas!!! We are all super excited for it!

6 comments:

Wholly Duncan said...

You look so cute, I haven't seen you! Merry Christmas and Congrats!

mama_pj said...

I love your cute belly! You are a darling pregnant mama! Love the pictures. :)

Jo Jo said...

i love that tree! Great tradition!

Lisa/Scott said...

Hurray for putting up the Christmas tree! Your family is so adorable. Your kids are growing up so fast! Putting up and decorating the Christmas tree with kids has to be one of the best things about being a parent.

Wendy said...

Its great to have family traditions that make everyone smile!!! I love how Christmas makes everyone smile a little more and be a little kinder too!!! Love the pictures!!! Glad you put one of you cause you never do, being the photographer!!!

Beard Family said...

You look great!!! I do hope the 11 weeks go by fast!!!