4 years ago
Sunday, November 6, 2011
A day to be thankful for
Do you ever have those days that you just feel so overwhelmed by gratitude for the things you have and the things around you? Today was one of those days for me. Nate was on call, so he left at 4:30 am. I was expecting to have a rough day. I also knew I would have to help teach in RS since we were having our visiting teaching conference today and I am one of the supervisors. I was really dreading the day before it even started! I couldn't sleep, thanks to my pregnant body aches, so I just sat in bed thinking about what and how I was going to present my part of the conference today. For those who know me well, you know I am all about schedules, order, lists, organization etc. I always have my talks written out weeks before and have gone over them so many times I could recite it by heart, but I have to have my papers anyways. This time I felt like I needed to go by the spirit. I had prepared, I had read over and listened to so much material. I knew what I wanted to say, but to not write it down, it was terrifying! So I got up, showered and got the kids ready. We got to church and I just felt fine. I was nervous, but not like I usually am. I enjoyed the meetings and then it was time to start. I don't even know what I said, I know I didn't say all that I had wanted to say. But the feeling that I had was something I will never forget. I felt such gratitude for the women of my ward that have touched my life. I felt gratitude for my calling, for the opportunity I had to prepare for such a conference, and gratitude for the blessing of the gospel in my life. My life is the way it is because of my membership in the church. I have so much in a world where so many don't. Service in the church is always like that, I ALWAYS get more out of it than I put in to it. It is amazing to me that I could find so many things to be grateful for on a day when I was so alone and tired. The kids and I came home and the day continued in a peaceful, calm way. Then Nate called to say hello and I decided spur of the moment to take him some dinner down to the hospital. It was so nice to be able to see him for a little while today and to see where he works. Again, my feelings of gratitude returned. I am so grateful for a husband that is hard working and dedicated, that cares so much about others and yet still loves and cares for his family. I am grateful for good kids who make my life worth living. I have a full life, sometimes I forget that, but today the Lord let me see so many things that I am thankful for and that is a precious gift that I hope I will not soon forget!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I wish I could have heard your talk today, but I was teaching Young Women. Bravo for having the courage to follow the Spirit and set aside what you'd prepared, though!
Wish I could have been there as well! We don't have enough of these moments in church. I'm all about visiting Dad on Sundays!
Very sweet post...so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for you and your precious family! XO
Post a Comment