Saturday, November 12, 2011

She's a thinker

The other day Lily and I were at the grocery store walking up and down the isles just trying to waste time. (Nate was at home post call and I wanted to let him sleep in a quiet house.) We were looking at some books when Lily says, " Mom, who is our REAL Heavenly Father?" I wasn't sure what she meant so I asked her.  She said, " You know, who is he?" I told her he was our Father that was in Heaven. She said, "I KNOW! But WHO is he? I don't remember him." I told her I didn't remember him either but that someday we would see him again and then she would remember. Then she said, "Ya, I know he is our Father that is in Heaven. I just wish I remembered what he looked like." I was floored that it was again my FOUR year old asking me these things. I thought the conversation was over. When we got home and after Nate woke up she again started asking questions to both Nate and me. I told him about our previous conversation. When I finished telling him she looked at us both and said, "So mom, if Heavenly Father is our father, then you and dad are BROTHER AND SISTER??!!" !!! Yup, that is right Lily.
She kills me! One thing is for sure, she is a thinker!!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow ! She is amazing! Not even big people think like that! She does kill me with her matter of fact attitude!! I love that girl!!!

jdust said...

So cute. I love itr

Jo Jo said...

Thinker is an apt word to describe her! Good for her for figuring those things out!

Wholly Duncan said...

A little mind is an amazing thing!

mama_pj said...

That Lily is such a smart girl!

Jana and Mario said...

Such a cute, innocent little mind that is so clever and thoughtful.