4 years ago
Monday, November 28, 2011
Thanksgiving
For Thanksgiving this year we were able to go back down to visit some of our best friends! It was exciting and much looked forward to by all. The kids had a count down and waiting for Nate to come home from work on Wednesday so we could start was torture for them! Lily would ask about every 30 minutes if it was time to go yet. We finally started our way down to Huntington and made it there by dinner time. The kids were so excited I didn't see them for the first hour we were there! We got to meet baby Kaito, who is just about the cutest little boy ever! We got to eat wonderful food, stay up late talking, shop til we dropped and go see a total girl movie without the boys! It was fantastic! Unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures! It is really sad, but I am hoping someone got some that I can steal later on. On Thanksgiving we spent the majority of the day in the kitchen preparing and then sat down to a wonderful meal. Everyone did such an amazing job and I was so thankful to be able to benefit from some wonderful cooks! After we ate, the kids ran off to play while the adults sat around talking. A little while into our chatting we heard some giggling up in the play room. One of the dad's went to check it out. He came down laughing so hard he could hardly talk. He just said we had to see the kids. So the kids came down one at a time to show us what they had been up to. Paint. Body Paint. All. Over. Themselves! The best was Ethan who painted himself COMPLETELY black. Hands, face, neck, etc. The only thing white were his teeth, eyes and fingernails. He was trying to be a black panther. It was so funny! Luke outlined a skeleton on himself and the girls just painted in every color they had. It was a HUGE mess to clean up and was hard to get off their bodies, but they had such a fun time and were soooo proud of themselves. Nate was NOT amused. But it was a memory I don't think any one will soon forget! The girls and I headed out for some crazy black Friday shopping and had a great time. The boys spent time building a huge wooden play set out in Stan and DeNae's backyard. They also took the kids to a Chuck-E-Cheese type place while we ladies went to see Twilight. We all had so much fun and it was so nice to be able to stay for Gordon to bless Kaito on Sunday. I am so thankful for the friends we have that make living away from family more bearable! I have so much that I am thankful for and I am glad that I have people in my life to share that with!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So funny but glad it was you guys cleaning up paint and not me!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
Ditto on not cleaning up the paint! But, your heart is definitely in the right place. It was a smashing party, too bad we left town. It was great to see you and your cute belly!
Oh! I miss you already!
Post a Comment