Saturday, November 19, 2011

Simple Joys

Having a fireplace is something I think some people take for granted. Unless of course you are not a fireplace kind of person, which I am. I was so excited that this house had a fireplace and one of the things that I made sure to ask for in the closing was to have it cleaned and ready to go for the winter.
We finally had a night that Nate was home and we had fire wood! We were all a little excited!
The girls were mesmerized by it!
 Luke was at scouts when we started it, but by the time it got going good he was home. The kids all got their pj's on and brought pillows and blankets down so we could camp out. We turned off all the lights and just sat and enjoyed it. The best part?? It was SNOWING outside!! We just needed some hot chocolate and it would have been perfect!

I see many nights like this in our future!!

4 comments:

Our Family said...

It's been so fun to read all of your updates! I'm glad you guys are doing well! How is the pregnancy going?

Wholly Duncan said...

A fireplace is awesome, glad you have one to enjoy!

thecollettes said...

This makes me want to have a fireplace!! You look so warm and toasty. I guess we will just have to come over and borrow yours. :)

mama_pj said...

A fireplace is so comforting! I am so happy you have one! Love you and miss you.