Friday, December 9, 2011

Recipes

For those of you who asked, I figured this would be the easiest way to get you the recipes :). These are some of our favorites! (Though I won't tell you they are healthy, cause they aren't.) I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Layer Bars (Irma Bars)


1 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 c. butterscotch chips
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. coconut
1 c. chopped pecans
1 can sweetened condensed milk


1. Mix the graham cracker crumbs and butter together, press into bottom of 13x9 in. pan.

2. Spread chips, coconut and nuts in layers on top of eachother

3. Drizzle milk evenly over the top of everything.

4. Bake at 350 for 28-30 minutes.



Oreo Truffles

1 pkg (8oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 pkg oreos, finely crushed (about 4 1/4 cups)
6-8 squares bakers semi-sweet chocolate


1. Mix cream cheese and 3 cups of oreo crumbs until well blended.

2. Shape into 1 inch balls (makes about 48). Refrigerate for 10 minutes.

3. Melt chocolate. Dip each ball into melted chocolate and set on wax paper to dry. Sprinkle with remaining oreo crumbs.

4. Refrigerate for 1 hr or until firm.

Super easy! We are planning to do some more baking next week. So ANYONE who wants to join us, just let me know and we will coordinate! I am so excited!!

5 comments:

thecollettes said...

Oh my gosh! I am so excited! Thanks!

Jo Jo said...

Ahhem. Thank you!

Gayle Hutchins said...

Thanks so much for the recipes! I will give them a try...makes it seem like you are right there :) Love you!

Jana and Mario said...

Thanks for sharing your "secret treats"! I am definitely making the Irma bars, they sounds like magic cookies.

Barney and Shelby said...

I know this is late but I would LOVE to do some holiday baking with you :) If only that were a possibility!