How I love Christmas baking! True most of it is not good for me, but I give most of it away so it doesn't end up on MY hips!! ;) I truly miss getting together with my mom, sisters and sister-in-laws to do our annual Christmas baking. I thought about asking some of the ladies in my ward to come over and bake with me, but when I mentioned it to some of them, no one seemed that interested. Then I had a marvelous idea to just bake with my girls! The first instalment happened yesterday. Gabby was at school, but I was seriously craving mom's layer bars, that we call "Irma Bars" after the neighbor that introduced our family to them. Lily and I gathered everything we would need, put our aprons on, and started. She was such a big help, it made me sad to think that I usually don't let her in because I think she'll just be in the way.
She was fascinated by the sweetened condensed milk and wondered how it could go from this liquid to something we could pick up and eat!
After the layer bars were baking we went to making Oreo truffles. They are oh so good! Unfortunately, after we got started on them I forgot all about pictures because I had to roll and dip 48 of these little suckers!
It was a lot of fun to bake with my Lily and I can't wait to do some more with Gabby home to help us! And maybe I will see if any of those ladies want to join us after all. (I have about 10 recipes I want to make this year!!!)
10 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I think you should share your recipe for said yummy treats!
Daughters are the BEST to bake with. She's so cute!
oh my gosh! she's so stinkin' adorable! BTW Stan said those are his favorite bars ;)
She looks so much older in the kitchen helping you! It is hard to let them in the kitchen!
She is absolutely beautiful! Aahem. Would you mind sharing the recipes? schenewark@yahoo.com
Hello?!! I was one of the three that you invited for this and I believe we all said YES! :) You better call us next time you do this! Glad you and Lily had a fun time. Your treats look divine and you are an amazing cook and baker!
You asked the wrong girls! I'd totally come bake with you. I love to bake...I just hate the fact that I eat everything I bake!
Ahem. You didn't ask me.
Sounds divine! You're little helper is adorable. :)
Lily looks so happy! I am sure you both had a wonderful time. I would love the recipe :)
Love you all so much!
Post a Comment