Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas!!

As I mentioned before, we weren't sure what time Nate would be able to get home on Christmas morning, so I "let" the kids sleep in until almost 7:30. (Lily was really the only one still sleeping, but that is ok.) I got up and started making breakfast and then at 7:30 I played the Christmas music that lets the kids know it is ok to get out of bed. They came rushing down so excited and then remembered they weren't going to get to open anything yet. So we went into the kitchen to make muffins together and wait for breakfast to be done so we could all eat while we waited for either Nate or time to go to church. As we were pouring the muffins into the pan, Lily comes running in claiming that daddy is home! We look outside and sure enough there is his truck pulling in!! He had worked all night super hard with less than an hours sleep to be able to get home as early as he could. (Which doesn't always happen even when he tries) BEST Christmas present ever!! So we hurried to open our presents before we had to get ready for church.

 Look what Santa brought the kids!!
 The aprons I made the girls for their Christmas present from mom and dad.
 We were blessed with some last minute money and I was able to get the kids Christmas outfits since I didn't have enough energy to make them this year. (This is after church so they look a little ruffled)
 We were all able to attend church together, which was a special treat because Luke played a piano solo as the closing musical number for the meeting. He played perfect and I couldn't have been more proud! It was such a special morning, and helped remind everyone the true reason for the season.
Since Nate wasn't able to be at our Christmas Eve celebration I wanted to make him a special meal for Christmas. While he slept a little I finished all the preparations and we had a fantastic Christmas dinner! It was yummy and we had a wonderful day! I sure love my little family!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Bummer -- I didn't get to hear Luke's solo. I was in the dealing with Julie in another room, and came back in just as the closing hymn was starting.

Jo Jo said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas morning! Kids make it so fun! Love those aprons.

jdust said...

How fun. You guys look great!

Cheri said...

Sounds so nice and relaxing. We are going to try that next year and make it a relaxing day instead of a busy crazy one with too many stops to make.