Monday, January 30, 2012

My Gabby is 7

 This little girl is my angel! All of my children are in there own special way. Gabby turned 7 on Thursday of last week. Usually, in her class, the mom's bring in cupcakes or some sort of treat to celebrate. On our way to school Gabby asked me if I would be coming in that afternoon with cupcakes. (We hadn't really talked about it before) I told her no, I just couldn't do it. (I hadn't been doing very well, more on that later) Without missing a beat she says, "Oh that's OK mom. Actually that is better. I am sick of cupcakes!" I wanted to start crying right then! I thought, I have to get home and make something to take in, but I had been in a lot of pain lately and I couldn't hardly stand. I actually ended up going into the Dr's instead. They sent me to the hospital where I stayed all day. By 7pm the Dr on call (my Dr was out of town...) said they wanted to keep me, but that they wouldn't break my water yet or alleviate the pain I was in. (Pain due to a bone in my pelvis that is separating and won't get better til I have this baby.) So I said no. I was going home to see my birthday girl. They weren't happy with me, but eventually let me go. My poor little girl! I hadn't made her cake, or her special dinner or done anything for her! Luckily the friend that took the kids went and bought a b-day cake and they sang to her. At least the day wasn't a total loss. But when we finally got them home she just hugged me and told me she couldn't wait til the baby gets here. She didn't even care that we had missed her birthday, she was just happy the baby would be coming soon! Honestly, where did she come from?! I feel so lucky and blessed to be her mother! She is so tenderhearted, so kind to everyone. She loves everyone and is always smiling and laughing. She never says anything mean to or about anyone. She has the most positive outlook on life and truly cares for everyone she meets. She is so good to the core, I just thank the Lord she is in my family, she teaches me a lot. Happy Birthday my little Gabby-Girl, you are one of a kind!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I <3 her so much!

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

She is adorable! I can't believe she is 7!
This reminds me of when I was in the hospital, pregnant, with kidney stones on Jacob's bday. I felt TERRIBLE! I just cried and cried and the nurses were crying too!
Get feeling better, and baby--get here soon!

mama_pj said...

Gabby is a wonderful girl and I love her very much! Happy Birthday Gabby Ann.

Wholly Duncan said...

SWEET GIRL! Happy Birthday Gabby!
It doesn't get any better than that!

Jana and Mario said...

She is so cute and sweet! Happy Birthday Gabby-girl, wish we could see you and give you a big hug!

Cheri said...

These little sweet and tender hearted children help us to be more like them. Carter is mine.