Monday, October 20, 2008

Lily Bug

When I think about all the wonderful things that have happened in the last year it is not hard to see that our lives have been very blessed. One of the greatest of all those blessings occured on October 19, 2007 with the birthday of Lily Elizabeth Tracey. I can't believe that she is already a whole year old!! It was an amazing experience to have her, especially since she came in a completely unexpected way and time, on her own a little over 2 weeks early!! I had to be induced with both Luke and Gabby and the doctor had to break my water both times so I just figured this would be no different. Nate had a big test scheduled for the day she was due. He told me that she really needed to come on the 19th and I thought, well good luck with that one! The morning of the 19th Luke had a feild trip to the corn maze(40 minutes away) and we were all suppose to go. I just had this feeling that we needed to stay home. Luke was devestated, as all 5 year old boys would be! So I decided to try and make it up to him by doing something fun. Luke, Gabby and I went out back and started raking all the leaves so that the kids could jump in them. I got the camera out and was taking pictures when all of the sudden I felt like I wet my pants. I looked down and sure enough I was all wet. I had NO idea what had just happened and then I felt a pretty strong contraction and more fluid came out. I ran into the house yelling for joy!! Of course Nate was at school and I had no idea how to get a hold of him. I called my friend to have her call her husband who sits next to Nate. About 20 minutes later Nate was there and we were off. I will spare you the rest of the details, but she was born a few short hours later and I couldn't believe how beautiful this little girl was!! She has been such a happy fun baby and I am so lucky to be her mom! The poor kids has had her fair share of sickness (which she is suffering from right now, hence no party pictures yet...), but she has always tried to be happy through it all. I love my little Lily Bug and our lives wouldn't be the same without her!! Happy Birthday Lily!!! These are just a few of her most recent pictures. When she is feeling better we will get some birthday ones!!


8 comments:

Mole said...

WOW I can't believe she is already 1. She is so dang cute I am so sad we don't get to see her more.

adrienne said...

She is so cute!! I can't believe she is all ready one!

keith said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Keith, Pamela and the Sneeches

Ryan and Marci said...

Happy Birthday to Lily!!! What a quick year that was. She is such a sweetheart.

GreenPhoenix said...

What a great story--you needed her to be born on the 19th and the Lord answered your prayers.
Hard to believe it has already been a year!

theharmans said...

She is so sweet!

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

Time goes too fast!! my stinky little one year old is trying to eat me as i type this. Isn't it fun!!

mama_pj said...

What a darling little peanut!