Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Toothless!

The other day at dinner time I was watching Luke eat and he was being so funny I asked him what was wrong. He said that he couldn't eat really well because his teeth felt all wiggly when he tried to take a bite. Wait a minute... he isn't even 6 yet, could he really have a loose tooth?!?! Well sure enough I checked his little mouth and he had 2, that is right 2, loose teeth! WOW I can't believe my little baby is loosing his teeth already!!! So 2 days after he told me he had "wiggly" teeth he came into my room and asked me to tell him what was different about him. He as standing there all smug about something so I had to ask what. He opened his mouth and his tooth was sideways in his mouth!! Those of you who know me know that I have a rather weak stomach and so you can imagine how much I really enjoyed seeing the tooth and all the blood in his mouth!! YUCK!! So as a result I told him to just grab it and pull, and what do you know he pulled it out all on his own! I had to close my eyes and the sound it made when it popped out still made my stomach do a flip! But there you have it, my almost 6 year old is tuffer then his old lady!!

8 comments:

Julie said...

That's awesome!! Tell Luke I hope the Tooth Fairy treats him well!

GreenPhoenix said...

Tell Luke to put a mouse trap under his pillow and maybe he can catch the tooth fairy! J/K :-D That's a pretty big step in growing up, and to think that he pulled it out himself!

Oliphaunt said...

Great job, Luke! You are a tough kid. I think I just let mine wiggle loose.

adventure knitter said...

gross! this is the part of parenting i'm really not going to like. my kids had better wait until daddy's home for teeth to come out

Shannan said...

My girls were both under 6 when they lost their first tooth, too. With Kaitlyn, I was freaking out because I thought she was way too young and something must be wrong! But now I can't get her to pull a tooth out even if it is just barely hanging on. I remember being young and having Grandma ask to look at my wiggly tooth and promising that she would just look and not touch it. The next thing I knew, she ripped it out of my mouth! It was quite tramatic! I am guessing Luke won't have to go through that since he can pull out his own teeth. Good for him!

Jana and Mario said...

WOW! I can't believe that he is already losing his teeth! I am getting old.

Meghan said...

I just saw your blog for the first time and it's super cute. I can't believe you have a 6 year old child! Time goes by way too fast. Your kids are adorable and I hope you and Nate are surviving med school.

mama_pj said...

Congratulations Luke! You are getting so grown up!
I hope the tooth fairy brings you something really cool.