Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oh Gabby...


Children have a way of doing things that you would have never in a million years thought of doing and things that make you laugh your pants off. One such occasion occurred just yesterday in the Tracey home. Nate and I were sitting in the front room talking and Lily and Luke were on the floor playing. Gabby had gone potty and was on her way out. I hear her open the refrigerator door and I wait to hear her ask for something to eat or to close the door. When neither happens I peak around the corner to see her pulling her pants down and sticking her bum in the fridge!!!! Startled at what in the world she could be doing I shouted "Gabby!!" at her and she hopped right out and pulled her pants up. Then she preceded to cry and babble something completely incoherent. I get her calmed down as I am trying my darnedest not to bust up laughing my guts out, and ask her what she was doing. Apparently her bum was hot from sitting on the potty for a while and she thought this was a great way to "cool off" since we put a cold compress on her arm when she got burned. Huh, I guess I can see where she got that but wow, a bum in the fridge!! I am still laughing about it!!

8 comments:

The P*dunc's said...

I am laughing my head off right now!!! Hilarious!!!

Gotta go tell Paul!

Kirsten said...

No way!! That is too funny! Children "get" the world in such a literal way. She is such a doll!

GreenPhoenix said...

Wow! Puts a whole new twist on the term "freezer buns". Absolutely hilarious!

Mole said...

Hahaaaahhaaaaa that is awesome. Good thing she has a cute little bum too. :)

Pamela said...

Funny, gotta love the things kids think of!!

Ryan and Marci said...

Did she learn that from her Mom??? :) That is so funny.

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

How come that's funny? I put my bum in the fridge all the time?

kim and morgan said...

I love Gabby! She is so stinkin funny