Thursday, April 22, 2010

Counting down

I am counting down the days. Counting down to what you ask?? I am counting down until the kids and I get to go home to visit after over a year!! (We are at 48 if you want to know!!) Only a little over six weeks until my mom comes out to help me drive the kids to Utah, until I get to spend 7 weeks surrounded by those I love most, until I get to go to the deHoyos family reunion, only 48 more days until I am HOME!!! I LOVE my family, I love the fun we have together, I love the kids getting to know their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins better, I love feeling loved and supported the way only extended family can do. I just love being with my family. All of them. Nate gets to come out too, but not until a few weeks after we leave. (He will be on his ER rotation and needs to study for boards so we decided to leave a little early) Then he will be doing a rotation out there for 4 weeks. Nate hasn't been able to go home in a year and a half so we decided to just mix school and vacation to get him out there. We are all SO excited!! I hope that the time flies until then and that the 7 weeks we spend there is filled with moments like this: (camping at Red Cliffs)


And this:


Definitely some of this: (Cassie is loved by ALL her nieces and nephews!!)




And especially this:


We love all our family and really can NOT wait to see you all!!! (I am a little homesick, can you tell?!)

11 comments:

Wendy said...

We are counting down too! It will be so fun! We have sooo much to do in so little time. Its going to be a blast and it won't last long enough but we will have the time of our lives !!!!!! Can't wait. Love you!!!

Travis and Oriana Taylor said...

AHHH I CANT WAIT EITHER!!!! IM SO SO SUPER EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS TO COME DOWN!!! were gunna stay up late swappin manly stories and in the mornin, im making waffles!!! hahah im seriously so excited i cant even wait! i wish it were tomorrow you were coming :( but until then, I LOVE YOU!!!

Kirsten said...

WHen are you going to be in Utah!? The kids and I aren't leaving until July 12 (my mom is flying out here too to drive with me and the kids) but we'll be in Utah the end of July and first two weeks in August! We'll be out west six weeks but spending time in Las Vegas too. If you are out there then, we are totally hooking up. We can meet up with Kristin too!! What do you think?

Julie said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!1

Pamela said...

I am way excited for you as well. Knowing your family they will have all sorts of fun things planned. Not to mention all the friends that will be dying to see you!

Mole said...

YAY I am soooo excited for the summer :) Can't wait!!!

Riann Johnson said...

You changed your blog background. I'm so confused now. Don't you know that I need stability in my life? Love you tons.

mama_pj said...

I am counting the days too! My arms are ready for lots of hugs! It will be super fun! XO

Angela said...

I agree completely!!!

Lisa/Scott said...

Cute pics! Yeah we're going to make sure we're at the reunion this year, so we'll get to see each other too! Should be awesome. Scott feels the same way whenever we make it to the East Coast to see his family.

Greta Henricksen said...

I love your pictures. Will you please send me a copy of the one with all the kids at Christmas?
I cannot wait for you to come.