Sunday, April 18, 2010

Time Out for Women

TOFW or Time Out for Women was something I had heard about but didn't really have any clue as to what it was all about. (Kind of like EFY, Women's Conference and Education Week. All completely foreign to me) That is until a few months ago when Ana came down to visit DeNae and told us that TOFW was coming to Indianapolis, Indiana. (Ana lives in Fishers, a few miles north of Indianapolis) She, DeNae, and Tia got really excited and said we all had to go. I still didn't really understand what it was, but as I had NEVER gone on any trip alone (without kids or husband) since before I was married, I was in. ( By the way it is a 2 day conference of speakers and inspirational musical numbers put on by Deseret Books) As it got closer I was having second thoughts about going. It was a long drive, I wasn't sure I could get someone to watch the kids until Nate got home and I just felt too much stress about the whole thing. But Nate ended up getting the whole day off, Ana got the ticket for me out of her hard work and kindness, DeNae and Tia offered to drive and I had no reason to not go. Can I just tell you that I am SO GLAD I DID! It is just what I needed and I am sure that Satan was just trying to keep me from going! I have been in primary callings for all but a year of my almost 9 years of marriage and I love it, but sometimes I get a little empty in my own spiritual well. Not that primary isn't great and spiritual at times, but there is just something different about hearing words that are prepared for YOU not that you prepare for them. I came away so uplifted and strengthened and I just feel like the old me again!
We left on Friday at noon to drive the five hours up, met at P.F.Changs for dinner and then walked over to the conference center for the event to begin at 6:30.

When we got to the restaurant it was raining but by the time we left for the conference it was nice and sunny!
Tia didn't like being in the photos much and offered to take a lot of them, but I did get one with her!! We met a few of Ana's friends there and went to lunch together on Saturday during the break.


This is for you DeNae and Ana, now you can steal it for your blogs!


I really just can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it was to go. There were some amazing speakers, good music (Mercy River, if you haven't heard of them I think they are worth looking up) and amazing friends! Thank you ladies for the weekend, it was certainly a memorable one for me! And for any of you who have the opportunity to go to one of these, I do think they are worth it!

13 comments:

DeNae I said...

I'm so glad you came, was it as good for you as it was for me? ;)
I'm signing up for next year, get your baby sitter ordered.

Cheri said...

It is so nice that you were able to do that. It is crucial in my opinion to have "girl" time and spiritual uplifting moments in our lives. Sounds to me you got a dose of both.

Unknown said...

What's with the matching black cardigans???? It looks like you guys had a great time!! You all look gorgeous!!

Wendy said...

These are memories that you will never forget. I am glad that Nate helped with the kids so you can go. It will benefit him as well. So glad you have good friends to do things with!!!

Pamela said...

Super fun, every mom needs a trip once a year!! I am glad you had a good time!

Greta Henricksen said...

That is awesome! We all need time to remember who we are.

Unknown said...

One of these days I am going to get fired for logging onto your blog at work. I get my voicemail messages through email and I have a client who whispers when she leaves messages, so I have to turn the volume ALL the way up to hear her. Then I log onto your blog and the music starts blasting. Today it happened during a partnership conference call. Ooops! I am totally partnership material, don't you think? LOL!

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

HAHAHA, Sheila I LOVE you!!! I guess it is a good thing I don't have something like "buisness time" playing on my blog!!! That seriously made my day!!!

mama_pj said...

I am so glad you got to go! What a great thing it is to have good friends to do uplifting things with. Looks like it was such great fun!

Oliphaunt said...

I'm so glad you got to go!! There are a lot of sisters going to the one in PA this weekend, and I hope to go someday too. Woohoo!

Unknown said...

Oh my word! DeNae did tell you that I played that song at work with my assistant listening in. My rationale was that if it was LDS appropriate then surely it was office appropriate. I almost died.....Yeah, I'm totally gonna get fired....

DeNae I said...

I love that she just called you DeNae there. See, Andrea, Sheila really does love you! Me too.

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

Lol, yes DeNae did tell me that you played that at work!! I was laughing so hard!! No, no, they can't fire you, you are way too valuable and you know that! You just add the right spice to the place that's all :). (I don't think she was calling me DeNae, just asking if you told me that...) You girls are the best!!