Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tia, the HOMEOWNER!!!

Tuesday Tia (Tanya) became the proud owner of a beautiful home in Procterville, Ohio!!! Well technically she had been the owner for a few weeks, but she got the key on Tuesday!!!! Doesn't she look so happy?!?! I love her! It was also Stan's birthday, so DeNae, Stan and Tia all decided to have a congrats Tia and Happy Birthday Stan party where else but at Tia's NEW house!! The McLemore's joined the party too and we had a super fun time!
DeNae and Chisa prepared Stan's birthday Strawberry Shortcake for the first meal in Tia's kitchen. It was great, oh all except for the part when they discovered a COCKROACH in the strawberries that DeNae had just picked up from WalMart!! Yeah, I don't think I will be able to buy produce from there anytime soon!! The boys happily took it outside and then contemplated eating the strawberries anyways. We decided they could eat those ones and the women would eat the ones DeNae had brought from home. After all we AREN'T in a third world country and it IS NOT acceptable for people to eat cockroaches here. (We ended up just throwing them out.)

The kids thought it was SO COOL to run around in an empty house and then to sit in lawn chairs inside the house.



Koyo needed a diaper change and Leah and Lily decided that this must be a spectator sport and pulled up their chairs for the show. Gordon was kind enough to provide music for the occasion. (He sings a poop song. I wish I had taken a video of it!!!)

It was a fun evening and I think we are all looking forward to many more just like it in the near future!! (Hint, hint Tia ;)!!) Congrats to Tia, we can't wait to see it more put together!!

3 comments:

Travis and Oriana Taylor said...

fun fun!! the flowers that you took pics of looked like a venus flytrap kinda, it is cool! sick about the cockroach though yuck!!!

DeNae I said...

So fun!!! I'm glad you had your camera. Maybe Tia will get the decorating bug and we can do your house.

Cheri said...

That is a darling house. I want one.