4 years ago
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Spring Break
Last week was Luke's spring break. I love spring break, I always did as a kid too. It is just starting to be nice weather outside, you don't have to get up early and you can go do something fun as a family without thinking about anything else!! That's how it always is.... except for this year. I was asked to watch two girls in my ward, age's 7 and almost 8. They are sisters, but one is adopted. I had one of them in my primary class last year, LOVE HER, and her sister is in Luke's class. Their mom and dad are in school and their teenage age sisters went to New York with their show choir. I wanted to help out, since I knew that she was in a pickle, but I was really sad to give up my spring break. We had to get up early to get ready for them every morning by 7:15 and then needed to be around for them to get picked up around 4. The good thing is the kids were super excited to have them here! Well, Luke started getting really tired of Polly Pockets and Barbie and girlie stuff so by the end he wasn't sad to see them go. It was a tough week, they are good girls but one is a little more difficult then I am used to or have dealt with before. It was definitely eye opening. We made the best of it by making up fun games to play together, having art projects and making cookies! We went to the park one day, but then it got cold and rainy for the rest of the week. After they went home one evening I decided Luke needed some boy entertainment and we went to go see "How to Train Your Dragon". We LOVED it!! It was really fun to go to a movie as a family!! We even went to get milkshakes when it was over with free coupons I had!! All in all it was a pretty fun spring break anyways and I was really glad to help out. We get to have them after school for an hour or so until the end of April so wish me luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to be a true sister in Zion. taking care of someone in their time of need, even though it cut into your personal time. :)
You are such a good mom and so fun! I am sure the girls love coming to your house! I wish you could baby-sit me!!
Post a Comment