Easter is one of my favorite times of the year for many reasons. Easter has the best candy ;), I get to make cute dresses for my girls, it means spring, we have fun traditions, etc. But most of all it means we celebrate the Savior and his sacrifice for us. It also means that it is time for General Conference and this year we were lucky enough to have conference on Easter, which doesn't happen all that often. As per our tradition out here, we spent it with our friends the
Israelsen's and the
McLemore's. In between sessions of conference we had an Easter egg hunt with some of
DeNae and Stan's neighbors. (They have an empty lot next to there house with all kinds of good hiding places for eggs!!) The kids could hardly wait!! I had them all sit on the stairs to take pictures while we waited for the eggs to be hidden. (so that they wouldn't peek!!) We took several shots, by the end they we just being silly. Of course those we my favorite pictures!!
DeNae and I decided to get matching fabric and have our girls dresses match, I love the way they turned out!! They are so cute!! The boys got new stuff as well, but it wasn't homemade! Here are my 3 cuties getting ready to hunt some eggs!

This is the whole group of kids.


DeNae was kind enough to take a few family shots for us. Unfortunately Lily did NOT want her picture taken, she only wanted eggs. So this isn't the best of all of us, but it is one of the only ones that Lily looks half way decent.

Three little beauties!
Koyo, my little boyfriend! I LOVE this little boy!! (And his parents aren't so bad either ;)!!)
Chisa and
DeNae finishing the food so we could eat when conference was all over.

It was a beautiful day and the kids were able to eat outside.

The DELICIOUS food!!!

One of my favorite Easter traditions is Egg Wars! After we all ate our fill we gathered around the table each with one egg and elbows up. Two people roll their eggs at
each other and see who's cracks and who's doesn't. You go around and around until only one person's egg is left.
DeNae and
Chisa rolling with Leah's help.

Gabby was the victor in this years war, she battled four people for the title and won each time. Even after she won a few of the cracked eggs tried to smash her and she was still victorious.

After we were done everyone threw their eggs into the middle for an all out smash-a-
thon! There were a lot of egg shells to clean up when we were done!!

It was a great
Easter spent with great people on a great day. I feel so blessed to be able to have these people in my life and to be able to listen to our prophets speak at such a wonderful time of year! Happy Easter everyone!
4 comments:
I LOVE LOVE the girls dresses!!! I think they are my favorite you have done. The fabric is adorable ;)
The dresses look great! Did you make Luke's tie?
That looks like a lot of fun. I may have to try that next year! The dresses are adorable and your girls absolutely beautiful.
The girls' dresses are beautiful -- great job, guys!!! It looks like you had a fabulous day!
Post a Comment