Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. When else do you get to devote one whole day to saying thank you for all the wonderful things in your life?! (Like my husband, my kids, my family, my friends, my husband, my kids... :) etc.) We are always suppose to be thankful, but it is nice to have a whole day devoted to just that. Because lets face it, most of us think about being grateful and we are, but we are busy and don't always give it the time and attention it needs. SO my point is I like thanksgiving so that I can actually remember to be truly thankful for the many many things in my life that are blessings. Then of course there is all that awesome food!!
It is hard being so far away from family, especially on holidays, but we had a really great day despite that. Our friends, the Young's, had us and a few other families over. There was a lot of good food and the kids loved getting to play with friends. I am really thankful that we have good friends out here that we can share our holidays with. Sariah is such a good hostess and was seriously brave to have all those kids running around her house!! Thanks Sariah!!
Another reason that I loved Thanksgiving especially this year was that we got to spend some time with Nate. He has been pretty busy in school, such is the life of a med student, but we were really fortunate to get to have him for 2 whole uninterrupted days!! (Of course it is saturday today and he is at school studying and likely will be all day... but I am not complaining ;)!!) He played games with the kids, helped me do dished, we watched movies together as a family and just enjoyed being together. It was just what we all needed. I am truly thankful for him, I know that he has a hard job. It isn't easy going to school and having a family. Other guys at school are able to study a lot more and devote more time to things they want to do while Nate has family obligations, but we love him and are so proud of the way he balances it all. Thanks Nate for being such a wonderful dad, husband and student!!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

3 comments:

theharmans said...

Andrea
Sounds like a great time! Does everyone know where their going next year and it's your turn to call me!

Pamela said...

Glad you guys had a good time! Nate said you want board games for Christmas, any paticular ones???

Alicia said...

I second that, Thanksgiving was wonderful!! Sariah is a wonderful host, and I especially enjoyed your jello and cheesecake contributions!!! YES!!