Every once in a while we get a break. We get a break in the monotony of life, a break from reality, a break from loneliness. A break, a much needed break. Our break this last week came in the form of Nate's older brother, Keith, and his wife Pamela, and their four children. And let me just tell you how excited we were to have them here!! We have been looking forward to their visit for a month or so and are sad that it is already over, but SOOO glad that we had this opportunity! Lauren, their oldest, had spring break and so they decided to make the near 2000 mile drive out here to see us!! Wow, if that isn't love, I don't know what is?! I am sure it wasn't the most pleasant 3 day drive they have ever had, but I sure hope we made it worth it! They got here Sunday night last week and the kids were so excited it was after midnight by the time they were all asleep! The kids hit it off immediately and we didn't have any problems all week!! (with the exception of Lily who had a problem all the time, but when does she not?!) The next day it was rainy so we headed down to the mall play place and then to Chick-fil-e for lunch and more indoor play. Then after the kids were in bed the adults broke out the.......WII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keith and Pamela were kind enough to bring Wii Fit, since we don't have that. We had a hula hoop contest, a downhill ski contest and a yoga lesson. Then we played this game called raving rabbits where we battled our skills in all sorts of venues. It was soooo fun!! Here is Nate showing off his mad hula hooping skills!!!

Keith was even better! Nate kept his arms in tight, but Keith showed him to really succeed you need the whole body!! (No pictures of Pamela or me, I know where to draw the line!! ;))

Then on Tuesday I thought it would be fun to go into Charleston and go to the Clay Center, a children's museum. Too bad I didn't check first because we drove all the way out there to find out it was CLOSED!! They will never trust me again!! But we had a lunch already made so we went up to Coon Skin park and had a picnic and played. It was a little chilly, but we all had fun anyways! Lily really liked Eli, she followed him around a lot.

Lauren and Gabby were the best of friends from minute one and Gabby actually cried from almost an hour after they left. We love these girls!!

This is the whole crew freezing but happy non the less!

Caleb and Luke were two peas in a pod, the whole time! Who better to get into trouble with then your cousin! They thought it was AWESOME to run along the table tops and jump for table to table where the gaps were.

This park had recycled tires as the base so the kids had fun picking up all the "chewy" rocks and throwing them at uncle Keith!!

Have you ever seen such a cute little peanut?! I love this little Ella!! She is the most easy going baby I have ever met! She is such a cutie I just love her! Lily really likes her too, but she also felt very threatened by her. Notice Ella's awesome dress ups!!

Lily decided if Ella could take her shoes off so could she, and then she discovered it was kind of soft and started jumping all over!


Unfortunately Nate still had his rotations and then his class in Charleston on Tuesday night, but we were able to go out to dinner after the park and naps and see him for a little before he took off again. Poor Keith got stuck with all these kids and women!!! (But he and Nate made up for it by staying up all night and playing the wii!!)
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast!!
These pictures just make my heart happy! So glad you had such a fun visit.
That is awesome that they came out to visit you. I am really sorry but I don't love you guys enough to make that drive. I still love you guys but not enough to be stuck in the car with my four children for three days. I think it would probably take us even longer since we are farther west. I would come on a plane though if we had the money. Sounds like a really nice visit.
Ahhh fun I'm glad you had a break. One day we will make it out to see you... sigh!!!!
Post a Comment