Sunday, March 28, 2010

Best $1 I Ever Spent

Or close to it anyways!!! With the weather warming up every now and then we have been finding things to do to enjoy it. The other day I was at the store and saw a bucket of side walk chalk for a dollar. I decided it was worth a try. Wow did the kids love it! They spent hours out there drawing! It was great! It was also really fun to see the things they drew. I was pretty impressed with Gabby, she took to it more then the other two. She wrote her name in bubble letters after I wrote Lily's. She was pretty proud of herself.
Then she drew this picture of her and Lily in hats. I thought for sure some one had helped her, but she did these all by herself! (Notice how she drew herself with nice lips and a pretty dress and then notice the picture she drew of Lily. )After drawing with chalk the kids and Nate decided to wash the car. Luke and Gabby kept trying to get Nate and me wet! If it had been a little warmer it may have turned into a water war!!!
Too bad it is raining today. I guess they will just have to wash it again next time it is sunny ;)!!!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow, Gabby is a little artist!

Jana and Mario said...

That is awesome that you can buy a bucket of chalk for a buck. Looks like they had tons of fun. Loved the pictures of of the visit from Keith and Pamela! Congrats to Luke too for his new bike riding skills, he is getting so big.

Cheri said...

The Easter bunny may just end up leaving sidewalk chalk in my kids buckets this Easter, we will see. With our long driveway we have it would be a great outdoor activity. Looks like you are doing a great job keeping the kids (and Nate) busy on constructive activites.

Unknown said...

It looks like they had a blast! Bummer it rained....I guess you shouldn't have washed the car. ;-)

Greta Henricksen said...

Super fun.